EY Graduate Analyst Program - Project Analyst, Finance (Entry Level)- Newcastle or Manchester
EY Graduate Analyst Program – Project Analyst, Finance (Entry level) - NEW00MH5 - Newcastle-Upon-Tyne OR Manchester
Location: Ernst & Young LLP, City Gate, St James' Blvd, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4JD or Ernst & Young LLP, 2 St Peter's Square, Manchester M2 3DF
EY’s UK & Ireland (UK&I) Consulting practice is looking to expand its presence in the North, advising clients, across a broad spectrum of private & public sector organisations, many of which are household names and/or market leaders in innovation in their industries. Our Graduate Analyst Program is recruiting enthusiastic, motivated graduates with a desire to help shape tomorrow’s world of working in finance. Your home-office will be a choice between EY’s offices near St. James’s in Newcastle or in St Peters Square in Manchester.
Finance Consulting sits within EY’s Business Consulting Service Line and continues to have an ambitious growth target over the next few years, making it a perfect time to join and start carving out your own exceptional EY experience. Finance Consulting works with clients to address critical issues impacting the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and increasingly, the wider business, creating value and helping Build a Better Working World.
Our Graduate Analyst Program (GAP) is a structured three-year program, with a combination of formal courses developing, both technical and practical skills, as well as on-the-job learning, and finance knowledge through the ACCA diploma. You will be able to tailor your learning plan around your own interests as they develop, driving your career in a direction you choose. The Graduate Analyst Program will equip successful applicants with the necessary skills, knowledge, and experience for a career in Management Consulting.
Your role and key responsibilities
Working as part of a client facing team, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in Finance Transformation. Our practice is split into three go-to-market areas: Global Business Services, Enterprise Performance Management and Cloud ERP Design and implementation, as well as areas of Public Sector and Sustainability. Roles will typically involve Project Management or Data Analysis. As you become more experienced, you will expand into supporting with more technical go-to-market specific roles.
As an EY Project Analyst, you will:
- Manage project plans, take minutes of meetings and actions, and follow up with others to complete tasks
- Create presentations, documentation and the facilitation of workshops to capture requirements
- Analyse financial data for patterns, trends, and insights
- Develop core consulting skills through on-the-job experience on client projects and internal work
- Support the design and delivery of a variety of finance projects through defined methodologies
- Use digital technologies such as AI, data visualisation and data analytics
- Collaborate with globally recognised clients, wider EY teams and third parties
- Support the design and implementation of future state performance management processes
- Learn about next generation ERP Digital technologies and the various opportunities for their application
- Study toward the ACCA diploma and have the option to study towards the full ACCA qualification
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to build rapport and relationships with people at all levels irrespective of background and organisations
- Demonstrate teaming, emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to face new problems and learn new skills
- Capability to manage the varying and often conflicting demands of working on projects
- Curiosity, diagnostic and analytical skills to solve problems
- Have and/or develop skills to be able to execute tasks with minimal supervision and use own initiative
- Enjoy working as part of a team, having a shared sense of purpose, and achieving shared goals
- Ability to communicate assuredly, clearly, and concisely in both oral and written forms
- Interest in learning more about digital technologies and how they can solve business problems
- Able to be flexible and adaptable in ambiguous and under pressure situations
- Proficiency in using IT: particularly Microsoft Office, and learning new applications
- Aptitude to be service orientated, demonstrate our values and an appreciation for what it means to be client-facing and represent our Firm in everything that you do
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A degree level education, or equivalent.
- Interest in building a role in consulting and finance and studying ACCA to Diploma level (minimum)
- Whilst we work in Hybrid working environment, you may need to travel as required by the client. (Your home base is Newcastle or Manchester for the duration of the Graduate Analyst Program. Depending on your project assignment, you may be required to travel nationally, or internationally)
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance.
Being part of the Graduate Analyst Program provides an exceptional experience to kick-start your consulting journey. At the end of each year on the program, your performance will be assessed, and if you meet requirements you will progress to the next year group. At each progression your base salary will increase.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.