Senior Accountant - R2R | Finance Shared Service Center | Corporate Services
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
We are currently seeking an experienced treasury professional to join our Finance Shared Service Center in the capacity of Senior Accountant – R2R.
Overview of the role
As a member of FSSC – R2R team (Finance Shared Service Centre - Record to Report) – support the Finance Manager in preparation of monthly/annual journal entries, reconciliation of GL accounts and to ensure timely and accurate GL posting for entities assigned to JH (Job Holder). Critical review and reporting of aberrations is at core of the overall responsibility.
JH is required to interact with Financial Controllers, Management Accountants and various stakeholders on a regular basis.
JH is required to possess good communication and interpersonal skills
Understanding of systems (SAP and Policy/Procedures) is crucial.
What you will do
- General Ledger preparation schedule reconciliations & review
- Prepare, discuss and report highlights on a monthly basis
- Support business units by facilitating timely book closure
- Financial Statement preparation and audit facilitation
- Coordination with stakeholders in Business unit and Tax team counterparts
Required skills to be successful
- Good accounting (IFRS) knowledge, analytical, process oriented, well organized, with excellent communication skills and a team player.
- Should possess a good knowledge of excel and have prior experience in working with large databases. presentation skills, exposure to ERP. (Preferably SAP) and SAP BW/ BPC.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
What equips you for the role
- Graduate/ACCA/CMA/CA/CA Inter/CPA (or similar qualification)
- Minimum 3-5 years of similar experience, with good accounting knowledge and ERP systems.
- Candidates with working knowledge of SAP will be preferred
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.