Senior Accountant - TrBOT | Finance Shared Service Center | Corporate Services
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
We are currently seeking an experienced treasury professional to join our Finance Shared Service Center in the capacity of Senior Accountant - TrBOT.
Overview of the role
As a member of the Bank reconciliations team you will be supporting the Divisional Finance Controlling teams and the Business Units in ensuring timely reconciliation of the Group’s bank accounts and reporting in relation thereto and also supporting the business units in enhancing customer experience by timely performing the activity of credit confirmations.
In addition, you would be responsible to ensure that all open line items timely escalated to, followed up with and resolved by relevant internal stakeholders (such as Global Treasury Centre, FSSC- I2P, FSSC- O2C, FSSC- R2R, Business Finance, Divisional Financial Controlling etc). and external stakeholders such as banks. Where the open line items are a result of system or process issues. you are responsible for escalating such matters to the Senior Manager- Bank reconciliations and working with the Senior Manager and other relevant stakeholders in finding a solution to such issues.
What you will do
Reconciliation of bank accounts
- Run the scheduler to automatically clear open line items where matching references exist.
- Perform manual matching of open line items wherever possible after ensuring adequate matching criteria exist and due confirmations are obtained
Reporting of open line items
- Ensuring that all the open line items at the end of the day are reported to relevant internal stakeholders- Business Finance, Divisional Financial Controlling, FSSC-O2C, FSSC- I2P, Global Treasury Centre etc. for timely investigation and resolution.
- Ensuring that any open items that needs investigated at the banks’ end are reported to the banks for investigation and resolution
- Ensuring that any instances of cheque dishonours and amounts debited by bank but not accounted by us are promptly bought to the notice of businesses/other concerned stakeholders.
- Ensuring that all month end submissions in relation to bank reconciliation statements are carried out
- Ensuring that all queries from business teams in relation to deposit of cash or cheques by customers are reviewed and responded after referring to the online banking reports so that timely delivery of goods/services by business teams is ensured
Accounting and Audit
- Ensuring all bank charges are accounted in consultation with Treasury and FSSC-I2P.
- Supporting internal and external audit processes in relation to bank reconciliations
Continuous follow-up, escalation and resolution of open line items
- Ensuring that all the open line items in the Bank reconciliations are reviewed daily and followed up and escalated timely to ensure a timely resolution and clearance
Process and system improvement initiatives
- Identifying opportunities for improving systems and processes for timely clearance, reporting and resolution of open line items in the Bank reconciliation process and in the upstream collection/ payment processes.
Required skills to be successful
- Process oriented
- Good communication skills
- Exposure to ERP
What equips you for the role
- A bachelor’s/master’s degree in commerce/financial management/ accountancy
- With a minimum of three to five years of experience within the bank reconciliations, function of a medium to large organization or banks.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.