Head of Registration Services, Managing Director
INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL DATA SERVICES LUXEMBOURG (“IFDSL”)
Head of Registration Services, Managing Director
IFDS, established in 2007, is a market leader in Transfer Agency Services committed to providing high quality services and technology to our clients, with European offices in Dublin and Luxembourg. IFDS is owned equally by SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. (“SS&C”) and State Street Bank Corporation.
IFDS Luxembourg (“IFDSL”) services and supports a diverse range of products across multiple fund domicile on behalf global Asset Managers. Our unique set up provides the expertise, scale, technology and strategic support and partnership to our clients. We are deeply involved with the support of our Shareholders, in the evolution of our Industry, and Innovation and Digital transformation.
IFDSL currently services a total of €1,100 billion AUM for some of the most sophisticated and demanding asset managers in the industry. Our footprint in Luxembourg is about 320 people and we have more than 700 people globally supporting our Luxembourg businesses.
Our Vision and Values :
Observe proper market standards together with business and personal conduct, embracing change and building trust by demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
Build talent capability and adhere to the operational principles PACE & L : Professional, Accountable, Client Focused, Excellence and Leadership
Position Overview :
The Head of Registration Services will be responsible for managing a team of over 60 people. He/she will report to the Chief Operations Officer of IFDSL and maintaining Clients and IFDS Senior Management contact as well as continuous effective engagement with both IFDS Shareholders (State Street Bank and SS&C).
The IFDSL Registration Services Team is responsible for the maintenance of a fund’s shareholder register. Maintenance of the register includes the on-boarding of new shareholders; the ongoing due diligence for existing investors updating of shareholder static data; the AML/KYC reviews, the sanction screening and the shareholder tax reporting in line with the relevant regulatory requirements. We currently services more than 140,000 investors accounts across our entire clients base.
Main Responsibilities :
- Manage day-to-day Registration Services operations with the support of the team managers ensuring a high quality of service to our internal and external clients
- As a member of the Luxembourg Operations senior management team work with peers to support the COO and deputize in their absence, as required.
- Oversee registration functions across delegated locations, ensuring adequate support and day to day delivery. Luxembourg retains the ultimate responsibility for delegated activities.
- Work closely with the Compliance team on changes to Luxembourg regulations and laws. Review / validate new departmental procedures resulting from changes in regulations or laws or processes.
- Develop trusted relationships with clients, vendors, auditors, peers, and stakeholders
- Model ethical behaviors and leadership skills set out in corporate standards.
- Foster an environment that is risk-aware and control focused. Liaise with the Compliance, Risk Management and Business Control Teams to escalate any operational issues towards deploying appropriate remediation / solution
- Strong communication acumen (oral and written) Demonstrate strategies for influencing and negotiating with others
- Support/lead management initiatives including location strategy and operating model improvements
- Set SMART objectives for staff performance and evaluate staff during periodic assessments. Engage in promotion and succession planning with other IFDSL senior managers. Advocate recognition and rewarding of excellence
- Analyze team composition and any impacts related to the on-boarding or off-boarding of clients. Request and justify new headcount requirements in local team and any outsourced locations.
- Keep abreast of industry and regulatory developments by being active in industry forums. Promote the IFDSL business at job fairs, industry events, inc.
- Strong relationship/cooperation with the other Operations Units Head. Work with the COO to deliver quality service to clients and investors
Required Competencies :
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Audit or equivalent professional qualifications or experience
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar function including at least 5-7 years in a management capacity
- Sound procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is required. Strong expertise of the Luxembourg AML/KYC regulations combined with a good understanding of with Fund Accounting and Custody services
- Drive operational process design and deploy operational risk management. Conduct / manage specific client initiative related to Registration activities.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task, work calmly under pressure and be flexible
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with clients and stakeholders. Lead by example
- Well-developed negotiation, influencing, decision-making, planning and co-ordination skills
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) – any additional European language would be considered as an asset