Finance Manager (12M FTC)
JOB TITLE: Finance Manager
SALARY: £57,078 - £63,420
HOURS: 12 Months FTC - Full-time
WORKING PATTERN: Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week, or 40% of our time, at one of our office sites.
About this opportunity
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Professional to join the Divisional Financial Reporting team, on a 12 month fixed term contract. This is a key role supporting the Commercial Banking (CB) division in the delivery of timely, accurate and insightful monthly management reporting and relevant quarter-end reporting. This includes but is not limited to Profit & Loss, Balance sheet, Margins and FX reporting. Also includes delivery of ledger change governance on behalf of Commercial Banking Finance a key support given the ever-evolving nature of the business and direct impact on management reporting for the Business.
- Lead and develop a team of 2 assistant managers,
- Lead on production of accurate and insightful monthly management information packs and governance MI for Flash versus Final, P&L, Balance sheet, margins reporting etc.
- Own delivery of all structure change requests in line with Governance processes for all ledger change windows during the year (review and verification of SRF's, RAFs; ARF's etc.), ensuring owning advanced planning and deadline setting.
- Demonstrate proficient stakeholder management skills and ability to create effective working relationships across multiple Finance teams.
- Maintain a robust financial control framework.
Why Lloyds Banking Group?
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're inspired by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper and to become the best bank for our customers. What we do makes a genuine difference to customers, businesses and communities and we're playing a central role in a growing UK economy. Finance is key to that success by securing and building the financial strength and performance of the Bank.
Finance is key to that success by securing and building the financial strength and performance of the Bank so we can help our 30 million customers. We love to do things differently in Finance. We encourage our employees to challenge the status quo and to come up with new and innovative ideas.
And in Group Finance Support we're key to delivering that strength though the co-ordination, production, analysis and assurance of statutory returns and disclosures for the group (our "Results").
What you'll need:
You'll be looking to build on the finance professional career you've already started and be able to bring the following skills and experience:
It's essential that you are/have:
- Qualified accountant or if qualified by significant experience this will be considered,
- Good technical and numerical skills (including Microsoft Excel)
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise effectively in a fast-paced environment,
- Technical experience includes Financial Reporting/ Financial Control specific accountabilities e.g. Month End, MI/Reporting and Reconciliations & Control,
- Competent user of Finance systems and software.
And desirable that you have:
- Experience working within a Finance function, within a large, complex organisation,
- Our team values are important to us so we are looking for someone who can assist with our People Pillars and shape the culture of the team,
About working for us:
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity, or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it's why we especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
We're disability confident. So, if you'd like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- A discretionary annual performance related bonus scheme
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days' holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
If you're excited by the thought of becoming part of our team, get in touch. We'd love to hear from you.