As a part of the Tronc Administration team you will calculate the amount of tips, service charge and other gratuities to be received by staff working in some of the UK's most prestigious and well-known restaurants.
Based in St Albans this chartered Accountancy Practice firm acts for very wide ranging clients across varying industries acting for wide ranging industry sector sole trader, partnerships and limited company OMBs, SMEs with clients into the £millions and up to the threshold in turnover on larger clients, whilst also acting for a significant number or larger clients across larger corporates, groups, charities and other clients providing audit services in addition. The firm is undergoing very positive, ongoing growth creating an environment with clear progression paths on offer for those seeking a route to develop in their careers. The firm provides a mix of home to office hybrid working, flexible hours with an excellent work life balance and team focused culture, along with competitive salary and benefits.
The firm is the leading provider of tronc solutions and as a Tronc Administrator you will provide solutions to the hospitality industry; clients include Michelin starred restaurants, celebrity chefs, High Street groups, and 5-star hotels.
A tronc solution (also known as a tronc system/scheme/arrangement) allows the proceeds from service charges and credit card tips to be distributed to staff working in the hospitality industry. Experience of tronc solutions is not essential as training on our processes and systems will be provided.
The role involves working with data provided to ensure that our clients' employees receive the correct awards on time, every time. After training you will be able to manage budgets, deal with requests and communications from businesses, and build up a sound working relationship with a portfolio of clients.
The role makes extensive use of IT systems, predominantly Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook, as well as others. the firm are a paperless office and have an IT based virtual filing system. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the filing of client's documents are indexed and organised correctly.
The key responsibilities for this Tronc Administrator role based in St Albans include:
- Reviewing and analysing data submitted by clients
- Understanding and applying the different systems and criteria in place for individual clients
- Using Microsoft Excel to carry out allocations of tips and service charges to employees ("tronc") and checking own work
- Manage communications with clients via email and telephone
- Filing electronically to our paperless document management system
- Updating databases and records to reflect client requests
- Working closely with payroll providers and supporting other team members as required
The successful candidate for this Tronc Administrator role will be/have:
- Comfortable in working with all Microsoft Office products
- Working with Excel formulas and Pivot Tables
- A Level or equivalent in Maths and GCSE English grade A-C
- Meticulous, accurate and process driven
- Excellent attention to detail to get things right first time
- Organised and able to prioritise effectively
- Work to tight deadlines
- Commercially focused and professional
What is on offer for the candidate?
- Up to £25,000 salary
- Pension with optional salary exchange scheme
- Hybrid working for most roles
- Annual leave starting at 25 days plus Statutory Bank Holidays, increasing with length of service.
- Life insurance at four times basic annual salary
- Generous recruitment referral scheme
- Social committee organising numerous subsidised events
- Professional subscription fees paid
- Income Protection Insurance
- Benefits Platform
- Offering discounts, welness platform, additional holiday purchase, cycle to work scheme
- Smart Casual Dress