Compliance Controller - Thailand
Kerry is the world's leading taste and nutrition company for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Every day we partner with customers to create healthier, tastier and more sustainable products that are consumed by billions of people across the world. Our vision is to be our customers' most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition. A career with Kerry offers you an opportunity to shape the future of food while providing you opportunities to explore and grow in a truly global environment.
About the role
The position will be a ‘hands-on’ Senior Financial Business Professional with self-starting capabilities.
They will be a qualified accountant with at least 10 years’ experience. Hold CPA/CIMA/ACCA or local equivalent professional certificate. Fluency in English and local language are essential for this role.
- Management of the annual financial audit process
- Management of the direct and indirect tax requirements for the Thailand operating company including regular reconciliation for financial control purposes
- Ensure that all statutory filing requirements are met, not limiting to direct & indirect taxes, transfer price, legal, payroll, corporate governance and regulations include dealing with Custom & Tax authorities.
- Ensures maintenance of accurate and complete financial records, in compliance with both legal requirements, local accounting and IFRS standards.
- Leads the effort of establishing, monitoring, and enforcing an effective internal controls environment. Liaises with internal and external auditors
- Identify best practices and continuous improvement opportunities and facilitates embedment of the practices into the organization.
- Develops and improves accounting and control policies, procedures, work processes and reporting systems to support growth and efficiency, while reducing complexity and increasing speed.
- Plays a key role in assisting Management in key financial decisions by providing business and financial recommendations on Company specific development and projects.
- Lead and project manage all financial relevant areas on Company specific growth initiatives and strategies
- Meets Corporate financial reporting requirements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitors legal, tax and regulatory changes and trends to identify and implement necessary actions to secure continued compliance, while pro-actively identifying emerging opportunities and threats, making recommendations to management.
- Support treasury initiatives and reporting requirement
- Coordinate local operation and functioning of SSC (AP,AR and GL) through review to ensure achievement and compliance of policies, standards and regulations.
- Support audit readiness and assist in planning and preparation for future compliance audits.
Qualifications and skills
- Strong Project Management skills/experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- SAP knowledge
- P&L Management
- Astute business and commercial acumen
- Risk management
- Improvement and standardization of processes
- Knowledge of Indonesian local statutory requirement – audit, direct and indirect tax requirements
- Relationship builder (internally and with customers) with excellent communications skills
- Likes autonomy and is pro-active
- Results driven
- Team player (recognizes successes)
- Decisive (takes tough decisions on priorities)
- Challenges status quo
- Ability to communicate financial information to non-financial mangers
- Solution orientated management style
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and able to establish trust and credibility
Beware of scams online or from individuals claiming to represent us. A Kerry employee will not solicit candidates through a non-Kerry email address or phone number. In addition, Kerry does not currently utilise video chat rooms (e.g., Google Hangouts) to conduct interviews. Refuse any request that asks you to provide payment to participate in the hiring process (e.g., purchasing a “starter kit,” investing in training, or something similar). Kerry will not ask you to pay any money at any point in the hiring process with the exception of reimbursable travel expenses. In addition, any payments made by Kerry will be from official firm accounts bearing the Kerry name.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.