Internal Auditor Institutional Securities - AVP
Morgan Stanley is seeking an auditor to join its Institutional Securities Group (ISG) audit team in Frankfurt covering the Institutional Securities businesses within the MSEHSE Group. The front to back audited functions include: Investment Banking, Capital Markets and Sales and Trading activities (Equities, Derivates, Fixed Income and Bank Resource Management), together with other aspects of second line of defense and infrastructure functions relating to the Institutional Securities business.
Morgan Stanley's Internal Audit Department reports to the Firm's Board Audit Committee and comprises business, technology and risk auditors. Our mission is to be recognized as a strong and high performing audit function that is viewed as a trusted authority and advisor to the Board, Firm management and industry regulators in assessing and strengthening the Firm's control environment. Internal Audit provides independent assurance on the quality and effectiveness of Morgan Stanley's internal control, risk management and governance systems and processes.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
What will you be doing?
- Support the evaluation of the inherent risks, control environments and residual risks of the different MSEHSE Group ISG businesses;
- Participate in the annual MSEHSE Group ISG audit planning process;
- Execute audits in line with audit methodology and within defined timeline and budgets;
- Co-ordinate with auditors around the globe and with different specializations to ensure timely and effective completion of the assurance activities;
- Write clear and impactful audit reports and findings;
- Communicate audit findings concisely to the Internal Audit lead auditor and auditees;
- Track implementation of remediation actions designed to strengthen internal controls;
- Develop solid work relationships.
What we’re looking for:
- 4 + years of relevant experience with professional accounting firms or financial institutions; with a preference for those with experience of auditing e-trading algos, valuation control, sales and trading activities, derivates and/ or capital market related products.
- Good knowledge of financial instruments and derivative products required, knowledge of trade live cycle and key financial industry regulations preferred;
- Strong analytical and organisational skills;
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and accountability;
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve results, whilst maintaining a professional and focused approach;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to present complex and sensitive findings to senior management;
- Advanced verbal and written English language skills required.
Flexible work statement:
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Equal opportunities statement:
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.