At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
As a national practice our FO&PC team consists of 162 team members across the UK, led by 5 Partners, 3 Associate Partners, and12 Directors.
We are a nationally run business with five core service areas:
- Transactions and Entrepreneurial Shareholders;
- Ultra High Net Worth Individuals;
- Investigations and Enquiries.
We work with a variety of high net worth individuals – from stakeholders in privately owned and entrepreneurial businesses, executives of multi-national firms, landed estates and senior members of private equity firms; who may be tax resident and/or domiciled in a range of jurisdictions. We also specialise in providing advice to Trusts and Estates, and Partnerships.
If you are a highly motivated qualified tax adviser/ accountant (ATT, CTA or ACA/ACCA) with experience of working in personal tax, then we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Manager to join FO&PC team in North region (based in either Leeds or Manchester or working across locations).
This is primarily an advisory role and it entails working with high net worth individuals – both with UK affairs and international tax issues, and also working with entrepreneurial businesses and shareholder owned companies.
More specifically, some of the responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the delivery of a high quality personal tax service to our clients.
- Managing a diverse portfolio of more complex clients and being able to provide personal tax advice on a wide range of assignments including inheritance tax, capital gains tax, income tax, international tax matters, and identifying opportunities to advise your portfolio of clients in relation to these taxes.
- Providing original and creative thinking to solve tax problems, frequently leading to providing wholly bespoke tax advice and solutions to one-off assignments.
- Project managing tax advisory assignments to ensure deadlines, risk management and compliance procedures are all met.
- Managing work in progress and ensuring prompt billing and cash collection.
- Overseeing the performance and career development of partly and newly qualified staff.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
Candidates interested in this role should have the following skills and qualifications:
- Qualified accountant or tax advisor with experience working in a personal tax focussed environment with exposure to a varied client base.
- Academically strong results in career to date coupled with a keen and insightful understanding of the issues facing private clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required in addition to strong oral and written communication skills.
- A keen and insightful appreciation of the issues facing clients and an ability to deliver bespoke tax solutions to meet their needs.
- An ability to work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative.
- A commitment to clients, colleagues and KPMG.
- High level of analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues flexible working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.