Associate - Assurance (PwC Acceleration Center Kuala Lumpur) (Aug - Oct Intake)
Whether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & Summary
A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Our Associate’s role in PwC's core assurance services provided to clients is to:
- Participate in all phases of a financial statement audit and audit of internal controls;
- Participate in a wide range of projects; consistently demonstrating creative thinking and individual initiative;
- Demonstrate teamwork dynamics through working as a team member;
- Identify and address client needs; and,
- Demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks while exercising professional skepticism.
Demonstrates some knowledge of, and/or proven record of success through experience and/or coursework in, financial accounting, managerial accounting, assurance and systems including, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, in the following areas:
- Demonstrates some knowledge and/or a proven record of success in financial accounting, managerial accounting, taxation, and financial reporting systems including generally accepted accounting principles and current accounting policies and procedures; and,
- Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in researching and analyzing pertinent client, industry, and technical matters.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Utilizing problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks;
- Interacting with various levels of leadership (client and/or team-based) in both written and verbal form; and,
- Being self-motivating, and taking responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Degree in any discipline and/or a professional accounting qualification such as the ICAEW / ACCA / MICPA-CAANZ / CPA Australia
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Possess good leadership skills and demonstrate resilience
- Able to demonstrate ability to interact with people of different backgrounds and build meaningful relationships
- Able to demonstrate analytical thinking and business acumen
Additional Application Instructions
Please attach the following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Academic Certificates and Transcripts, from SPM onwards (or equivalent)
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Job Posting End Date
October 31, 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.