Analyst - DS Energy Acct SRR
The Analyst - Downstream Energy Accounting under Energy Risk and Accounting organization will perform and support the daily operations of the Inventory teams in one of the sub processes: Contracts & Pricing, Billings & Settlements, Stock Recording & Reconciliation or Stock Valuation. Provide proactive support to End to End process issue resolution and deliver assigned activities and drive for operational excellence within the team.
- Main scope is on Stock Recording and Reconciliation of several US depots and locations.
- Work with different interdependent processes within Inventory process and other processes in Finance Operations including collaboration with stakeholders from the business.
- Contribute in operationalizing effective KPIs analysis by identifying root causes, implementing and monitoring improvement plans; present results from own area of accountability to different parties within Hydrocarbon organization and Business.
- Provide information and explain all the concerns on the process to support internal/external audit.
- Able to identify and contribute to process improvements and simplification.
- Proven understanding of the assigned part of the administration and systems, as well as interfaces with related areas, to provide administrative support in handling specific queries, data verification and assisting in information gathering.
- Conducts analyses to solve standardized and/or repetitive information and data queries/problems.
- Works within well-defined and standardized procedures and practices and is supervised on progress and results by manager. Works autonomously within this defined scope with regular guidance from senior colleagues or own manager.
- Requires courtesy, tact and effectiveness in providing and obtaining information. To some extent will also need to use persuasion to obtain and understand the background of information and support internal stakeholders with specific information and/or query resolution.
- Identifies shortcomings in current processes, systems and procedures within assigned unit.
Work shift: Either 5PM to 2AM or 3PM to 12MN during non-closing week; 8PM to 5AM or 9PM to 6AM during month-end close (WD1-WD3).
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.