Sen. Operational Risk Contr. #225384
Join us as a QAR performer in the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Team. Our primary responsibility is to perform QARs over Account Reconciliation Controls, SOX, Valuation in Resolution (ViR) and ESG Key Controls globally for all 4 regions of Credit Suisse. It involves reviewing (i.e. auditing): -
The account reconciliations performed and documentation and testing of the Key controls performed, against the standards laid by the firm for SOX, ESG and ViR controls. This provides assurance to the Account Reconciliation, SOX and ESG programs of the firm and is an integral part of them. These reviews are conducted primarily in Financial Accounting, Product Control, Tax, IWM, HR, GBSS etc.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.As an AVP in QAR team, you will:
- Adhere to perform Quality Assurance Reviews (QAR) for Account Ownership i.e. Account Proven skills on reconciliations, SOX, ViR and ESG on key Controls/processes
- Prioritize and lead the meetings with the Account Owners, SOX, ViR and ESG Control owner to gain an understanding of key processes, discuss the QAR observations, obtaining agreement for QAR ratings and recommendations
- Perform detailed review to ensure adequate compliance to company policy and guidelines (GLAO/Account Reconciliation Policy, SOX 404 guidance, QAR Guidance, Accounting policies & guidance etc.)
- Committed to maintain adequate documentation to support the QAR rating and recommendations
- Work with regional GLAO leads, SOX, ESG and ViR leads for sampling of Accounts/Controls for QAR
- Drive to conclude QAR’s on time, meeting the targets set for month and the year
- Manage monthly critical metrics (Regional and Global) to report the QAR results
- Regular meeting with Regional and Global QAR team to share key issues and to follow consistent approach
- Manage to be a single-point-of-contact for one of four regional QAR team for any query or information
- Support Global QAR initiatives on regular basis
- Understand the legal entity architecture. This includes understanding the upstream processes/ controls to GF, processes and associated SOX Control Improvement Plans (CIPs).
Op Risk Control is the financial guardians of the bank’s policies and procedures for GLAO sign off, SOX, ESG and ViR self-attestation. You will join Group Finance Op Risk Control function, present in offices across EMEA, APAC, SWISS and the Americas. Our team consists of individuals from audit background who are result oriented, collaborative, proactive, and with a strong control attitude. We are looking for individuals having strong analytical skills, a positive attitude with the ability to communicate complex issues in a simple and effective manner.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.Your skills and experience
Roles in QAR are technical and detail oriented. You are required to have good command on accounting concepts, SOX and ESG framework.We are looking for candidates with following background / experiences:
- Qualified CA with 7 + years of Post Qualification Experience
- Expert in US GAAP and IFRS GAAP
- Investment banking industry knowledge, including Investment Banking financial product experience
- Public accounting & audit experience desirable
- Have a proven control focused mentality and hands-on approach to investigating issues
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, presentational) skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a complex environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and apply learning quickly
- Excellent teammate
- Problem solving skills
- Time management – organizing and prioritizing work
- Ability to meet strict reporting deadlines
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.