Reports to : Partner / Director
Supervises : Assurance team
The Assurance Manager will manage assurance engagements by defining the audit strategy in consultation with the senior manager/ partner, and execute it in compliance with Ecovis AHL PLT’s policies and protocols. When required, he will personally execute complex audit procedures and lead teams or parts of teams on engagements, depending on the size of the engagement.
Assigns tasks to staff and ensures that employees follow generally accepted auditing standards when reviewing operating controls, policies and processes. Reviews staff work, follows up with management on significant control problems and issues a report to the company’s top management.
- Have a university degree in Accounting or Finance, or those with a full professional qualification (MICPA, ACCA, ICAEW, ICA, ICAA, CPA(A) or CIMA);
- Minimum 6 years of working experience in auditing with at 2 years’ experience in the similar position;
- Good working knowledge and understanding of company’s business and operation, group’s policies and procedures and statutory requirements. As well as hands-on experience in auditing;
- Possess a client service mindset, proven leadership skills as well as a strong appreciation of business issues;
- Sound understanding of corporate and accounting standards (e.g. the Companies Act, MPERS, MFRS, etc) and audit principles;
- Client management skills coupled with experience and success in developing staff.
- Able to work independently and with strong work commitment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage engagement team to perform a variety of audit, assurance and compliance works for clients in different industries;
- Possess solid understanding of accounting and auditing principles(e.g MPERS/MFRS and ISA), quality control standards and technology implementation procedures.
- Performs special projects or audits not covered by the Compliance audit as necessary or as directed by manager or partners. These include, but are not limited to, due diligence reviews; fraud and suspicious activity research; consulting activities over a broad range of topics corporate-wide; various complex research and analysis projects corporate-wide;
- Identify and communicate audit issues, technical matters and improvement opportunities with managers and partners to resolve client issues discovered during the audit process;
- Assists Manager in the completion and updating of the Compliance Risk Assessment, ensuring the scope and objective of Compliance audits incorporate recent regulatory changes and business line policies and procedures align with regulatory guidance;
- Guide on the decision making process on all but the most unusual audit and accounting matters;
- Assisting Manager in advising clients in areas such as initial public offerings, internal controls, International Financial Reporting Standards and other regulatory compliance;
- Developing and maintaining good relationship with clients and assisting Partners in planning work and change management is also the key role;
- Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct;
- Schedule, delegate, and review the work of one or more staff members, support on-the-job training, and evaluate their performance.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia