Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Financial Oversight
- Ensuring adherence to operating budgets aligned with the Company‘s strategic plan;
- Ensuring robust and appropriate financial controls and systems are implemented and regularly monitored;
- Preparing and submitting annual accounts for approval;
- Ensuring financial compliance with applicable regulations governing the Company.
2) Financial, Management and Regulatory Reporting
- Provide accurate financial, management, and regulatory, reporting and analysis;
- Ensure that financial and management accounting policies are developed, implemented and maintained;
- Ensure that all financial, management and regulatory reporting of results are compliant with audit, Board and regulatory requirements.
3) Strategic Planning - Work closely with the MD and SLT to establish and develop measures to track performance against strategy.
4) Financial Planning
- Provide efficient delivery of financial plans, forecasts, performance measurement and interpretation of the Company’s results;
- Report to the MD on key issues underlying financial performance of the Company;
- Develop and implement performance measures and reporting metrics for each of the Company’s lines of business.
5) Taxation - Ensure the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the tax accounts and of the tax compliance filings for MFGFC and develop a tax efficiency strategy for the Company;
6) External audit – Responsible for coordinating the Company‘s annual external audit process, inclusive of managing responses and solutions to queries raised;
7) Other Responsibilities
- Provide clear direction to the Finance team, translating objectives into personal, measurable performance targets;
- Build, develop and motivate the Finance team for high performance, provide learning and development opportunities and high quality coaching;
- Implement and ensure adherence to MFGFC’s policies and regulatory requirements in all areas;
- Document and monitor all delegated authorities and responsibilities;
- Ensure control deficiencies are identified, escalated and addressed in a timely manner.
· ACCA qualified or a Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management
· An MBA would be an asset
· Five (5) years’ experience in a Banking or Financial Institution with a minimum of three (3) years at a managerial level