You just can’t put your finger on it, can you?
You probably aren’t massively unhappy where you are, but you’re itching for a change, something new. . . it might be bigger clients, maybe some large complex groups, more flexible working, more defined career progression, a lively social bunch all motivating each other, better money (we know this matters too), or just to feel looked after and valued.
Picture this, you would be joining a now top 40 practice (following the recent merger with Gravita), at a very exciting change, a practice with a love of innovation and tech.
Because you have been working in audit for a couple of years, we don’t need to list your day-to-day duties when it comes to undertaking an audit. 80% of your job role is going to be audit focused, with the remainder of your time leaning towards preparing accounts to comply with UK GAAP and taxation.
You will be getting stuck into a variety of audits covering numerous sectors with turnovers ranging from £5-50million. If you have any large group experience it would be well utilised within the team as they currently look after several complex groups, are winning some big work thanks to recommendations and the international network.
For non-audit assignments you will be preparing statutory and non-statutory accounts for corporate clients, LLPs and sole traders, this will also include abbreviated company accounts, full company accounts and group accounts.
As an Audit Senior you are given a good level of responsibility from the start. Monitoring audits, working closely with clients communicating findings and using your experience to support the development of the junior team members who are studying towards their accounting qualifications.
The Nitty Gritty
- Our standard working week is a 35-hour week on a hybrid basis (two days home, three days in the office) and hours are flexible between 7am - 7pm
- Flexible working and happy employees are at the top of our list here at CBW and we have been recognised for this by Best Companies.
- Your development won’t be forgotten, our development support is extraordinary for a firm of our size
- A full job description can be found below on the vacancies page on our website
- Here at CBW, part of Gravita you get to work in a collaborative working environment that promotes both personal and professional development and supports wellness in the workplace. Feel free to check out our social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Glassdoor).
As with any job we think there are a few things that would help you succeed from the start, these include:
- ACA or ACCA qualified, with at least 1 years PQE gained within an audit focused role, experience of working with group audits would go down really well with the team, but this isn’t essential
- Accounts & Tax experience– around 20% of your time will be spent preparing financial accounts and corporate tax computations for review. You will need to be technically up to date in these areas
- IT skills– in a world of automation you are no doubt comfortable working with a whole variety of systems including all the mastery that Excel is capable of. You would be working with ProAudit, Xero, CCH and SAGE and Viztopia here too
- Strong Technical skills– up to date knowledge of UK financial reporting standards
- Communication skills– not just the ability to delegate work, motivate your team, deliver feedback to Managers on job statuses and put professional emails together. We also need you to be able to listen, to any client concerns or queries as well as information from Managers, Directors and Partners
- Commercial acumen– what does this really mean? In this case, the ability to really add value to a client and spot cross selling opportunities
Everyone who applies will receive a response within 7 working days. This piece of recruitment for Carter Backer Winter LLP is being managed exclusively by our in house recruitment team, and we do not welcome approaches from agencies.