Interim Financial Controller
As a Financial Controller, you will be responsible for local financial accounting and reporting, tax compliance, internal control activities and day to day relationships with external auditors and tax advisors.
You will assist with the company's financial planning, budgeting and forecasting activities, including opex, capex and cash flow management.
A thriving Energy business with a base in Southampton
- Responsible for month end close and balance sheet account reconciliation for 4 UK Limited Companies
- Responsible for group financial reporting and local accounts preparation
- Provide accounting and tax advice, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures
- Responsible for direct and Indirect tax compliance
- Responsible for managing internal controls, including the design, implementation and adherence to SOX controls.
- Manage external auditors, jointly plan and execute audit programmes in line with Global audit schedules
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets, Opex and Capex management, including forecasts
- Manage third party accounting and tax compliance providers
- Support European Financial Controllership team with European and Global initiatives
- Line management of 5 members of the finance team
- Provide supervision, coaching and technical support for the Fuels Financial Operations team.
Provide regular feedback to the Southampton Leadership Team on financial performance and key finance projects.
- Degree Educated
- Recognised accounting qualification (ACA / ACCA)
- Experience of working to Month End Reporting timelines
- Proven effective and motivational leadership skills
- Strong Knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS Accounting Standards
- Previous SOX experience or equivalent
- Knowledge of Tax Compliance
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
A competitive salary / day rate