Financial Analyst - Strategy and Transactions - Transactions Diligence
Working Location: Athens (hybrid)
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too.
The Greek EY Strategy & Transactions Advisory Services (SaT) practice is the leader in Greece and South-East Europe in professional financial advisory services market.
Within SaT, the Transaction Support team aims to assist clients, both private equity firms and corporate clients, throughout the whole transaction process. Whilst traditional financial due diligence is a key element of the service, transaction support is much broader, incorporating assistance with business plan assessment, including support to the transaction management, negotiation and documentation, and post-completion integration.
Your key responsibilities
- You’ll be from day one a contributing team member, performing in a professional environment alongside a vibrant and exciting team of experienced financial due diligence professionals.
- Learn and develop technical and personal skills to support achievement of career goals, through a blend of structured learning, coaching and experiences.
- Your experience will be diverse, with each project offering new opportunities to expand your technical expertise over a wide range of sectors.
- As a financial analyst, you will be a vital member of the team executing financial due diligence projects. You’ll be focused on understanding the client’s business, profit drivers and trends, help clients mitigate risks and improve deal structures.
Skills and attributes for success.
- Teamwork: Encouraging an efficient, innovative and team-oriented working environment by maintaining cooperative relationships and positive attitudes that lead to open communications and sharing of information.
- Communication: Integrating with and influence clients from a varying range of organizations, as part of a diverse and highly driven team with a creative vision and the confidence to make it happen
- Attention to Detail: Illustrating critical thinking, professionalism, high level of self-motivation and ability to work in a multi-tasking and results-oriented working environment with keen attention to high quality and details.
- Tech-Oriented: Using technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members and enhance service delivery.
What we look for
- Excellent academic background, a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or similar
- 2 - 4years of related work experience
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication skills both in Greek and English
- Excellent analytical, project management, communication, problem solving, interpersonal and teaming skills
- Outstanding organizational skills, flexibility and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Willingness to learn, proactivity, openness to work in a multicultural environment
- A Masters’ degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Accounting knowledge and experience (IFRS and Greek GAAP)
- Working experience in audit and assurance and/or M&A or transactions role
- Experience in a Big4 professional services firm
- An active CPA/ACCA/ACA/CFA certification (or in a final stage of completion)
- Solid negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our rewards package includes a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial, and social well-being.Additionally, we offer:
- Continuous learning:You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you:We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership:We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture:You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.