Manager, Private Equity
HedgeServ is a leading global fund administrator with more than $450 billion in assets under administration across all investment vehicles including Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, UCITS, Hybrid Credit Managers, Funds of Funds and Managed Account Platforms. We optimize our clients’ experience using unique proprietary technology coupled with robotic process automation, intuitive digital programs powered by machine learning, and enhanced by an extensive proprietary transaction data set. HedgeServ’s entrepreneurial and innovative spirit cultivates a productive and agile environment enabling its team to anticipate clients’ needs and consistently deliver solutions in real time. Led by the most experienced team of industry experts, HedgeServ with 1,500+ professionals around the globe expertly provides customizable solutions for their clients’ risk, portfolio management, middle office, investor relations, accounting, regulatory, compliance, and tax services. Since its inception in 2008, HedgeServ has received numerous accolades, including Top Overall Administrator and #1 rankings for Fund Accounting, Reporting & Reporting Technology, Client Service, Investor Services, Alternative Fund Expertise, and Regulatory Expertise.
HedgeServ is a progressive company with continuously evolving ways of working to ensure a future-focused mindset. Our employees benefit from a robust career development framework and clear learning paths which outline career trajectory, training and progression plans. HedgeServ supports employees through a variety of offerings, including remote and hybrid working arrangements, and fully paid comprehensive health and well-being benefits. HedgeServ was recognized as a Next Gen employer by RippleMatch on its list of 100 top workplaces for Generation Z for 2022. HedgeServ operates 13 offices in the United States, Grand Cayman, Ireland, Poland, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Philippines and Australia.
A Private Equity Fund Accounting Manager will be required to manage the closed end fund accounting process within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of a Private Equity Director and Managing Director. They will manage the timely and accurate delivery of NAV calculations. They will assist in the development of client relationships and will require a detailed understanding of the service requirements for closed end fund administration. Every Private Equity Fund Accounting Manager will receive the requisite Induction Training in addition to both compulsory training (AML/KYC) and optional training. Additional client-specific training is provided by the Director and Managing Director.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
- Managing client relationships involving interaction with both the client and the relevant Private Equity Accounting Director to ensure consistency of service.
- Ensure the assigned private equity accounting team operates within the clearly defined and documented control environment.
- Manage and develop client teams of up to 10 employees.
- Resolve fund accounting enquiries escalated by Assistant Manager or Supervisor.
- Ensure all aged items on cash and position reconciliations are resolved timely.
- Review monthly and quarterly NAV calculations.
- Capital Call and Distribution Processing
- Investor Allocations, waterfall creation and maintenance
- Performance reporting including IRRs and MOICs.
- Manage the audit process ensuring timely and successful completion of fund audits including preparation of financial statements.
- Manage and complete client initialization and transition.
- Participate in development and presentation of private equity training.
- Manage private equity recruitment, training and performance evaluations.
- Responsible for supporting education and training among the team.
HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employee. As such a Private Equity Fund Accounting Manager should be flexible and willing to adapt.
A Private Equity Accounting Manager should be capable of managing a team of up to 10 staff servicing clients with various requirements and deadlines
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience working in a Hedge Fund Administration Firm with at least 1 of those at Assistant Manager level is desired. Alternative Hedge Fund experience may be considered.
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree.
- Intention to actively pursue a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ACA), if not already started, part qualified or qualified, would be an advantage but is not required.
- IT Literate.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure or independently.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required.
- Strong systems, product and process knowledge.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Ability to positively influence team morale.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Take ownership of designated tasks.
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ Ltd.
What we offer:
- Premium Health Insurance
- Sports Club Membership
- My Benefit – Cafeteria System
- Competitive Salary
- Tuition Support
- Active Sports and Social Committee
- Life & Travel Insurance
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.