Associate/Intern - Financial Accounting Advisory Services Financial Srvs- Regulatory Compliance 2023
Join Financial Services Organisation (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including banking and capital markets, asset management, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated assurance, advisory, tax, and transaction services to our clients.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning, and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well, this is just the beginning. Because your professional development is important to us and we are fully committed to helping you realise your potential.
Within EY’s Financial Services Regulatory Compliance practice, you will participate in numerous projects and initiatives involving process reviews, system enhancements as well as new systems implementation, impacting and improving the relevant processes surrounding regulatory conduct, financial crime and compliance. You will also use your knowledge and expertise to implement challenging audit strategies and build strong client relationships. With the support of managers, you will extend your technical and business skills. You will progress quickly in our friendly, collaborative environment, supported by formal training, senior mentoring and exposure to a wide variety of commercial experience in the financial services industry.
Your key responsibilities
You will be working together with the senior associates, managers and partners to plan, lead and execute engagements for financial institutions, regulatory conduct, financial crime and compliance for Banks, Capital Market Services Licensees and other financial institutions. You will perform regulatory related fieldwork and review of documentation to provide quality control over regulatory compliance processes. You will also make recommendations to improve policies, procedures and processes.
Skills and attributes for success
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work within a team in close liaison with the engagement managers and other team members
- Strong analytical skills with a good eye for details
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- For senior associates, good knowledge of regulations such as Banking Act / Securities and Futures Act / Financial Advisers Act and regulatory concepts such as anti-money laundering / counter financing of terrorism, market conduct amongst others
To qualify for the role you must have
- Degree in Accountancy, Finance or related discipline
- Minimum 2 years of experience in regulatory compliance or related roles, in financial institutions or related professional firms is required as a senior associate
- Good excel skills
- Strong initiative to conduct analysis and research to under regulations
- Strong business English skills - both writing and verbal
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Prior experience in working within regulatory compliance function, especially in banks, capital market services licensees or related professional firms / strong knowledge in banking operations and banking products and services will be an advantage
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
What you can expect
- Candidates may expect a virtual/on-site interview.
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents, together with your online application:
- Detailed Resume
- Copy of Highest Academic Certification and Transcripts
- Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
To learn more about our service offerings, subscribe to EY Global YouTube Channel. To learn more about careers in EYSG, please visit Careers at EY or like us on Facebook EY Careers Singapore.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.