Middle Office Associate 1
Who we are looking for
Candidate will be responsible for trade processing and confirmation of client’s trades, error reporting and resolution.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Middle Office Associate:
Monitor Trade File Processing:
- Ensuring all trade files transmitted by the Fund daily on trade-date are processed.
Trade Confirmation and Trade Reporting:
- Monitor and assist in the confirmation of complex OTC trades executed via MTM and DTCC platforms for EMEA, US and APAC markets. This will involve working closely with clients and brokers to resolve intraday trade alleges and breaks in proactive and timely manner on trade date.
Trade Exports/Settlement Instructions
- Ensure the onward transmission of trade details received from the Fund. Resolve, report and escalate any trade export problems.
- Overview of daily reconciliation breaks and ensure all breaks are followed up in the hub locations (Poland) and escalated to Ireland team/client if necessary for your resolution assistance.
- Ensure pricing for portfolio securities daily from third party pricing sources approved by the Fund.
- Ensure daily checklist is complete and verify end of day process is completed.
- Highlight, escalate and report all issues to the client.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills, strong analytical skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area (minimum 2.2 honors degree
- IT Literate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Very good English
- Highly numerate
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines
- In depth knowledge of some/all of the following products: Equity, Futures, Options, Fixed Income, FX, Derivatives (IRS, CDS, TRS, etc)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.