Manager in General Ledger Accounting and Financial Reporting
At BBH we value diverse backgrounds, so if your experience looks a little different from what we've outlined and you think you can bring value to the role, we will still welcome your application!
What You Can Expect At BBH:
If you join BBH you will find a collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can. You will have direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world. BBH will provide you with opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm. We encourage a culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective. We provide a high-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind. Ultimately we want you to have rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage. Our BBH Cares program offers volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.
Join us as a Manager in Alternative Investments Department (Assistant Vice President)
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Manager (AVP) to join our Alternative Investments Department. In this role you will be part of a team responsible for all aspects relating to people management like coaching, development, and retention. Working closely with Assistant Department Head, Manager will supervise teams of financial professionals (10+ members). As a member of management team, Manager will devise and participate internal and cross office projects to improve the efficiency, quality, and accuracy of the department’s work.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Managing the team to ensure appropriate quality of deliverables (Net Asset Value reporting pack and supporting reports) with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements within assigned portfolio of clients
- Managing the team to ensure quality control over financial transactions and postings prepared by Fund Accounting Services teams
- Developing and maintaining familiarity with key funds` documents, applicable laws, regulations and interpretations governing accounting framework
- Overseeing communication with clients, auditors, tax advisors to ensure timely and accurate responses to any queries, acting as an escalation point of client contact for allocated clients
- Annual performance process for team members, feedback based on previously agreed goals
- Ensuring adherence to all established procedures, best practices and internal controls
- Maintaining solid working relationships with other areas within BBH Krakow office and across the Firm globally
What we offer:
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- Professional trainings and qualification support
- Thrive Wellbeing Program
- Online benefit platform
- Contracts for an indefinite period of time with no probation period
- Advanced understanding of financial/accounting principles, including IFRS knowledge
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in corporate full general ledger accounting or group accounting, or audit background
- Primary degree in a finance or accounting related discipline, and/or equivalent work experience is an asset
- Strong experience in direct responsibility for managing, mentoring and coaching staff
- Professional accountancy qualification preferred e.g. ACCA, CIMA or CFA (qualified or part qualified) is an advantage
- Computer literate with strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Fluency in English essential and knowledge of German and/or French as an additional asset
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.