Accounting & Business Advisory Assistant
Overall job purpose
Included within the Accounting and Business Advisory (ABA) department sits our management accounts team where we are responsible for the preparation of management accounts for SME clients. The purpose of the role will be to assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts. The successful candidate will also need to be able to prepare year end statutory accounts.
- General bookkeeping for clients, including processing of data on Xero.
- Prepare management accounts to required standard to ensure files are prepared and documented with sufficient evidence for review.
- Preparation of VAT returns.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- To ensure that jobs are completed to the highest standard, within the agreed internal budget for the job and to discuss all material points arising on the assignment with the manager/partner and client
- To plan assignments in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangement
- Field client queries relating to their accounting system, more often than not on Xero
- Deal quickly and effectively with client queries (client focus)
- Practice the principles of excellent client service at all times
- To develop a detailed knowledge of the firm’s specialist services, identify opportunities to the management team
- To maintain own technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil any development or training requirements
- To be involved in any other administrative departmental and office issues as deemed appropriate
- To carry out any duties assigned the Supervisor or Manager, thoroughly, in a timely manner and in accordance with the firm’s procedures
- Be confident liaising with
- Produce account analysis and control account reconciliation schedules for inclusion on the assignment file
- To complete iXBRL tagging of financial statements
Key Performance Measures
- Delivery of high quality management accounts and overall service to clients
- Deadlines are met
- Budgets achieved
- Adherence to the firm’s procedures
- Flexibility towards hours of work and tasks performed including assisting other staff e.g. dealing with urgent tasks at short notice when required
- To keep confidential any information obtained concerning the business affairs of the Firm, its staff and clients
- Portray the Firm in a professional manner through appearance, conduct and attitude
The role requires:
A good understanding of UK financial reporting requirementsAAT qualified or close to completionAn understanding of the following accounting packages: Xero and Sage.Strong oral and written communication skillsWell-developed people skills to relate to clients and colleaguesGood organisational and time management skillsDiversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, we want to create a strong sense of belonging so that people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures feel they can bring their true self to work. Our clients come from all walks of life. We aim to achieve that same diversity of background, experience and perspective in our own teams, so that we can genuinely understand our client’s needs. Diverse teams bring a broader range of ideas and insights to work. That’s why we’re working together to ensure our firm’s principles and processes support a firm culture that embraces difference and strengthens inclusion.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment. For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.