Manager - Operational Risk Control, VP #219906
You will join the Basel Measurement Reporting (BMR) Controls Team which manages and supervises the BMR Controls Framework, RCSA as well as publishes various key metrics and dashboards to provide governance and oversight of the BMR Control environment. The job requires working closely with the various global teams within BMR in ensuring key controls are in place, assessing issues for control gaps, tracking audit points, and reviewing issue closure actions for adequacy. The role entails working closely with regional BMR reporting teams, who are responsible for meeting reporting requirements across the different regions (under FINMA, PRA, IHC and other regulatory regimes).Key Deliverables:
- Be responsible for working with the functional BMR teams to ensure the robustness of Policy, front to back execution of BMR Control Framework, Roles & Responsibilities, Governance
- Assist in designing various controls' policy and overseeing consistency in application of the control framework across BMR functions
- Independently assess incidents and issues raised from controls perspective and ensure the same are appropriately documented in the relevant systems
- Ensure compliance with all the applicable control frameworks such as SOX, RRF, ViR, RDAR and track status and progress of BMR controls as per program requirements
- Track and assess the closure actions for Internal audit issues, RCSA points, and coordinate the entire issue life cycle for BMR owned items via the MICOS tool
- Ensure issues identified are raised under the appropriate control framework and track the issues until successful closure
- Prepare and publish the various BMR Control metrics and dashboard
- Assist in streamlining and improvement of processes and procedures across various functions from a controls perspective
- Understand FINMA, PRA, IHC Basel rules and how the rules are applied to production
- Understand front to back BMR processes including systems architecture, upstream and downstream processes and data flows
- Perform pre-implementation review for change projects within BMR to sign off on the adequacy of controls
- Support the BMR FRCO Head in the annual Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) exercise
- Consult and co-ordinate with other internal Control groups on matters related to risk & controls, issues, etc.
You will join BMR Controls Team within CFO Risk & Control Office. The team is responsible for ensuring Controls landscape for BMR function, which is responsible for calculating and reporting RWA, LVR and Capital numbers to internal and external stakeholders. You will work closely with BMR Line Function, various Risk and Control Teams in Bank, Internal Audit and External Audit Teams present in offices across EMEA, APAC, SWISS and Americas.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.Your skills and experience
We are looking for individuals having strong analytical skills, a positive attitude with the ability to communicate complex issues in a simple and effective manner.
Roles in QAR are technical and detail oriented. You are required to have good command on accounting concepts and SOX framework.
We are looking for candidates with following background / experiences
- 9+ years’ experience in internal audit/operational risk & control/risk management preferably in Basel/Liquidity Reporting
- Investment banking industry knowledge, including Investment Banking financial product experience
- Have a proven control focused mentality and hands-on approach to investigating issues
- Education - CA, MBA Finance, CFA, FRM
- Advanced understanding/experience of MS Excel/ MS Word/MS PowerPoint
- Experience in Business Objects/ Reporting Tools like QlikSense is plus
- People management experience is an added advantage to manage junior staff
- Outstanding attention to detail with an ability to multi-task in a complex environment
- Able to produce high quality written communication including presentations for senior management and committees, reviews of policies and standards
- Ability to engage with internal/external stakeholders at all levels including senior management
- Ability to learn and apply learning quickly
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, presentational) skills
- Excellent team-player with good problem-solving skills
- Result oriented and committed who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives.
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.