CHT Process-Sr Fin Analyst-RA H an T1
The Finance Analyst will focus on operational excellence in the delivery of the process. They will build a deep knowledge of the outputs required and ways of working to deliver these, along with the tools and systems that are an integral enablers of the process. They will work in collaboration with colleagues in R&A and their peers from other processes where operational excellence or data integrity impacts on the R&A delivery. The role requires an ability to deliver the appropriate metrics and drive interventions either directly or via timely escalation.
- Understanding all Shell internal group reporting and statutory reporting and analysis requirements for Holdings and Treasury entities whilst ensuring key controls and reconciliations are carried out per the reporting timetable.
- Responsible for preparing and completing the quarterly Group Return close process as well as latest estimates.
- Provide support as required in the preparation of the Annual Statutory accounts and liaison with other Finance Functions e.g Tax, Group Reporting and FiB.
- Proactively liaise with the different functions, providing business and finance support to upstream as well as downstream.
- Play an active role in ensuring integrity of MRD within the ERP system (SERP) and ensuring all reporting requirements are met.
- Assist with managing and responding to internal & external audit queries.
- Timely and effective responses to special data/project requests.
- Ensuring the creation, maintenance and update of process and procedures documentation.
- Assisting with the Business Assurance process.
- Assisting with providing financial guidance and ensuring compliance with relevant Group, IFRS and Statutory requirements.
- Playing a key role in the delivery of financial reporting for their area of accountability. The role
- requires high tolerance of shifting planning and business priorities while maintaining the day to day
- activities . This position has several spikes in workload during Quarter Close. The expectation is
- that we work as a team to complete the tasks and everyone supports everyone else. It will be
- essential to work closely with the legal entity controller and a number of senior stakeholders who
- might have different priorities. Adapt quickly to changing priorities whilst still delivering timely and
- accurate information despite the changing requirements and timelines.
Skills and requirements:
- Must be qualified accountant min 4-6 years experience.
- Thorough understanding of financial and management accounting.
- Good understanding of IND AS and IFRS accounting Standards and reporting requirements
- Good system skills, knowledge of SAP/ SERP advantageous
- Prior experience of and willingness to have hands
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.