Senior Fund Accountant - Real Estate
Chicago, US Brea, US Salt Lake City, US Carmel, US
Alter Domus is currently seeking a number of new Senior Fund Accountants to join our Real Estate teams in Chicago IL, Carmel IN, Brea CA, Salt Lake City
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,500 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
At Alter Domus we attract, grow, and develop Alternative Thinkers. The Alter Domus Academy helps our people to be their professional best, to become Alternative Thinkers. The Academy team is expanding, and we are looking for an L&D Partner who shares our passion for developing people.
- You will be responsible for a portfolio of clients and will work as part of a team to achieve and meet their needs. You will be an important link between management and junior staff, responsible for the quality of the work carried out for the client.
- Taking an active part in the initial setup of any new funds take-on and liaising with independent tax specialists, lawyers, and notaries as part of the set up process;
- Overseeing the preparation and collation of Know Your Customer and Client Due Diligence files;
- Taking care of the day-to-day operations of the funds and following up with third parties, including investors and fund managers;
- Handling the fund accounts and preparation of periodic reports and regulatory reports for the fund entities;
- Preparing the funds’ periodic Net Asset Value calculation and year-end financial statements, management of the audit, and reviewing other fund related reports;
- Coordinate and arranging investor servicing, including investor on-boarding, capital calls, distributions as well as issuance of shareholder statements;
- Organising and participating in board meetings and shareholders' meetings;
- Reviewing tax returns and tax balances and maintaining relevant contacts with the tax authorities;
- Accurately record all time spent dealing with client matters to ensure the clients are correctly invoiced;
- Pro-actively take on additional responsibilities and administrational tasks as required by your managers or clients.
- Several years of experience in Private Equity, Real Estate or Debt Fund Administration, including NAV calculation, Transfer Agent and investor servicing, tax compliance, etc.;
- Experience of consolidations and other accounting standards would be considered an asset;
- Strong academic background, qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) preferred;
- Good communication skills, organised and flexible;
- You possess team spirit with the ability to work independently using your own initiative when appropriate;
- Ambitious with a high level of energy and commitment;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet a range of deadlines;
- High level of IT literacy with strong Excel and Word skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alter Domus provides a sophisticated, diverse, and global work environment with prominent clients. We will take your ambitions and talents to the next level while giving you the resources and support you need to succeed.
Here are some of the benefits we provide:
- 401(k) savings plan with 100% employer match up to 6%
- Flexible paid time off from 27-35 days paid off per year, depending on your level
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid birthday off
- Generous parental leave for both parents
- Health care coverage for as little as $25 per month
- Flexible Hybrid working environment
- Comprehensive training through our acADemy training program
- Dedicated people manager and coach focused on your career
- As well as many more…
Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.