UAEN Jr. Process & Compliance Analyse | Retail | Dubai
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
The Associate works with the team to perform activities pertaining to the Control and Compliance process. This includes the adherence to policies and guidelines set up for internal controls, system maintenance and external audit.
The job holder is required to coordinate and liaise with internal and external parties to facilitate transaction related clarifications. Additionally, the individual is required to initiate and participate in continuous process improvement initiatives within the function.
What you will do
Risk / Process / SOPs:
- Develop and communicate risk policies
- Develop and maintain internal controls
- Develop close policies, procedures, standards and templates
- Perform issues tracking and resolution
- File and archive documents
- Support the tracking all Internal Audit reports; status, recommendation implementation timelines in conjunction with the Finance compliance Team
Training & Compliance:
- Support effective training and management on the accounting procedures
- Support the tracking of the Document retention compliance in all geographies
- Support spot cash counts from a compliance element
- Ensuring the periodic stock count for all stores are conducted within the stipulated period ensuring that the shrinkage has been properly computed and reported. Assist stores with the development and implementation of stock loss action plans
- Support the streamlining of finance process through automation where possible
Other Key Responsibilities:
- To liaise with relevant managers and stakeholders to ensure full collaboration and understanding on critical topics.
- Contribute to the improvement of the solutions and business processes.
- Maintains and upgrades professional knowledge, management skills and domain expertise by using continuous learning & development tools.
- Contribution to business excellence initiatives
- Peer appreciation and feedback
- Continual development of team and product application skills
- Maintain an excellent rapport with the business.
Required Skills to be successful
- Up to 2 years of experience in Control / Audit / Compliance related functions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-national organization
- Detail-oriented and reliable
What equips you for the role
- College or University degree in Finance
- Audit background is preferred
- Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Analysis and troubleshooting
- Understanding of internal controls
- Understanding of System governance (especially in SAP)
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Additional Internal Information:
- Reports to: Operational P&C Lead
- Band: F
- You must have been an Al-Futtaim employee for at least 18 months in order to be considered.
- You must inform your HRBP in confidence of your application.
- Please note that this vacancy may be advertised externally in the next week so apply without delay.