Senior Associate - Deals & Consulting (RISQ)
DescriptionWhether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow. It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible. Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & Summary
A career within Risk and Compliance services, will provide you the opportunity to work with a team that provides clients with extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector specific experience. You’ll have the opportunity to develop a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency by assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls.
Our Risk and Compliance Generalist - Practice Support team helps PwC assess, design and develop solutions to manage diverse risks. You’ll help PwC develop a consistent, coordinated, and sustainable strategy.
The MYVN RISQ (Malaysia & Vietnam Risk, Independence, Solution and Quality) team in Malaysia collaborates closely with the RISQ team in MYVN - we forge close ties with frequent communication, sharing and collaboration of RISQ related matters. Our main functions are to effectively manage and mitigate regulatory, independence and reputational risk so as to protect the firm's brand and value.
This is achieved through development, dissemination and monitoring of policies, procedures and programs. In addition, we partner and interact with the practice to promote and embed a strong quality culture within the professional services which the firm offers, taking into account the regulated and business environment which we operate in. The goal of RISQ is to anticipate strategic risks and drive quality and independence compliance across MYVN.
- Support in development of RISQ training for Deals and Consulting teams across MY and VN
- Support in reporting to Deals and Consulting leaders
- Support Deals and Consulting staff in addressing risk, independence and quality matters
- Conduct compliance reviews and RISQ KPI testing and prepare reports
- Support in development of policies, guidance and communications
- Support in Deals & Consulting business reviews and engagement quality reviews
- Support in managing and enhancing RISQ tools or processes
- Work together with other MY & VN RISQ teams to execute RISQ priorities
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree in Auditing or Finance or other relevant degree
- At least three years relevant working experience in multinational companies
- Skilled in writing, logical thinking, problem solving, analytical
- Team player
- Proactive to learn and to continuously develop technical knowledge
- Digitally inclined (Google Suite tools, presentations, etc.)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
September 30, 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.