R&A Upstream Brunei Analyst
Where you fit
Shell Deepwater Borneo B.V. (SDB) and Shell Exploration & Production Brunei (SEPB) have a large portfolio with a complex Production Sharing Contract (PSD) environment and cost allocation rules encompassing varies PSC, involving JV partners and a National Oil Company (Petronas).
Candidate is in a competitive position should they have strong accounting, cost management and process background, known for enthusiasm and ability to work effectively across interfaces and bring people together to drive a common agenda for Sarawak cost management activities.
The Brunei Analyst is a business facing role supporting Brunei Upstream and reports directly to the Brunei Lead. The Brunei Analyst will be:
- An important team member, working with the onshore Finance Advisor, Finance Manager and other business stakeholders to deliver finance activities first time right
- Key to deliver reliable cost insights for Brunei Asset, supporting the Monthly Appraisal (MA), Latest Estimates (LE) and Operating Plan (OP)
- Provide insightful cost management information to the Business to enable decision making that leads to an improved business performance
- Responsible to provide first level analysis, attend to ad-hoc queries to support requests from the Business, Finance Onshore, JV Partners & multiple FO stakeholders
What’s the role?
Keep abreast of accounting and business developments as well as business performance drivers, strong collaboration skills and the ability to influence senior Business and Finance professionals across the organization. Also importantly, demonstrate full compliance with Health, Safety and Security culture and behaviours.
This role will provide excellent platform for those who would like to pursue their career in Upstream, as it provides opportunities to be an integral part in managing the risks of the Upstream Business.
a) Stakeholder Management:
The incumbent must have a good track record of being a team member as dealing effectively with multiple stakeholders is an important part of the position. The stakeholders are both internal and external of Shell, which includes Controllers, Finance Advisors and finance teams of our business partners.
b) Project Management:
- Delivers assigned migration activities and ensures optimization of activity execution and resources.
- Actively problem solves, understanding the big picture, planning their work and working as part of the Finance team.
- Support and implement Global Reporting & Analysis initiatives
c) Process Improvements:
The incumbent must promote continuous improvement environment. Recommend alternatives if current approach/process could be done in a more cost effective manner while achieving the business objective.
- Qualified Accountant (CA/ICWA/CIMA/ACCA/MBA/CPA/Degree in Accounting) with 5 to 8 years of post qualification and having at least 2 years of relevant experience in Business Performance Management & Business Partnering.
- Experience with continuous improvement is important and will be developed
- Mindset to drive true global standards in a customer centric way
- Technical capabilities in automation and data management or the aptitude to develop these skills.
- Self-starter with a track record of performance and proven ability to deliver quality results under significant time pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills with personal confidence to quickly build credibility,
- respect and rapport.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Able to work across organizational boundaries with a diverse group of colleagues and stakeholders at multiple levels in the organization
- Experience of understanding the ERP systems
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Good communication and presentation skills with the proven ability to effectively challenge senior management
- Pro-active approach and the ability to identify and support resolving First Time right issues (e.g.: accounting & reporting issues, data issues) in a dynamic environment.
- Proven track record of being a good team player
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Wellbeing, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.