Fund Services - Co-Sec Assistant Manager
The Company Secretarial Manager, Fund Services will provide management and support to a Fund Company Secretarial Team and on occasion Administrative Team, servicing a portfolio of fund structures, in accordance with the relevant Client Services Agreements and the various laws and regulations pertaining to both the Fund structures and Group’s Licence.
The Key Responsibilities for the role are noted below and as a Manager you will also be expected to undertake any such duties that are deemed a reasonable requirement, for example, participating in any relevant projects that are related to the role. In addition, you will be required to participate in business and social events organised for staff.
- Alongside the Directors and Associate Directors, provide leadership, management and control for and Company Secretarial Team and on occasion the Administrative Team as they complete day to day activities in managing and administrating a portfolio of fund client entities;
- In some instances, take a lead role when working with lawyers, advisers, accountants, investment managers, liquidators and other service providers on all matters relating to the management of the portfolio of funds and companies;
- Delegate day to day team activities to an relevant members of staff whilst retaining control and oversight to ensure tasks are being fully completed in a professional and timely manner;
- Ensure that the team is working cohesively, sharing information as necessary in order to provide a top-level client service;
- Hold regular Team Meetings to share pertinent information, discuss key projects and provide development opportunities across the team by means of staff development/mentoring in order to contribute to the teams technical and practical training skillset;
- Meet financial targets in terms of budgeted chargeable hours;
- With support from Assistant Manager(s)/Senior Administrator(s), review Team procedures and processes with the aim of achieving greater efficiencies as appropriate;
- Supported by the administration team, supervise the provision of registered office, corporate secretarial services, including all aspects surrounding company Board Meetings and company record keeping;
- Act as key point of contact for the submission of all statutory filings including registration of new entities, as well as co-ordinating company liquidations;
- Act as a key point of contact for all listed requirements including completion of the Members Annual Confirmation of Compliance;
- Assist in the audit process associated with client entities;
- Ensure fund Cosec procedures are followed/implemented in accordance with the Fund Administration procedures, ensuring application and timely completion of all checklists as required;
- Maintain awareness of Intertrust business strategy and provide suitable opportunities for Team members to learn about where the Group is going and to understand the strategies for getting there.
- Support a strong communication ethos between Management and the team to encourage staff to communicate effectively;
- Proactively keep an up-to-date awareness of current industry issues e.g. changes in legislation and listing requirements.
- Sound educational background, i.e. A Level/Baccalaureate or equivalent;
- Prior relevant experience gained in regulated finance or professional services;
- ICSA qualification or similar equivalent;
- Drive development by using all learning and development resources available; and
- Demonstrate technical IT skills, relevant to the job;
About Intertrust Group, a CSC Company
We are the premier global business, legal, and financial services company providing knowledge-based solutions to clients worldwide. We have locations and capabilities in more than 140 jurisdictions in the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East, with more than 7,500 employees. We are the business behind business®.
What we offer you
Working with us means entering a dynamic, international, and growth-oriented company. Diverse teams give us a competitive advantage and drive innovation. We’re committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people who create an environment where everyone is valued and respected. Intertrust Group, a CSC company, is an equal opportunity employer.
- Intertrust Group is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Many positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you! Please click “Apply for this role” to submit your CV and optional cover letter.
Intertrust Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. Intertrust Group complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.