Senior Statutory Accounting Manager - ACDC (Petaling Jaya)
Kuala Lumpur is the host to KPMG Delivery Network’s (“KDN”) ASPAC Compliance Delivery Centre (‘’ACDC’’), which provides compliance services in ASPAC. The team is culturally diverse, comprising of many different nationalities, backgrounds and skills. ACDC offers end-to-end compliance support for clients and is powered by advanced technology and automation, robust processes and a highly skilled team of client centric professionals. Be part of this exciting journey within KPMG for servicing clients across region and as part of a global team.
1. Client Management:
- Delivering and developing solutions for our clients by participating in client meetings and supporting the sales process.
- As a subject matter expert, advising our sales department on end-to-end pricing by assessing the needs of the clients according to the firm’s policy based on the solution scope
- Leading transition processes while liaising with the global KPMG network based in prior sales/solutioning by building a detailed approach to data collection, refining scope, facilitating meetings with our clients to align on the final output.
- Leading the discussion about final scope, and related cost charge adjustment.
- Supporting the clients with training courses on internal software to support long-term engagement and raise customer satisfaction.
a) Finalize transition plan:
- Refine due diligence questionnaire to understand client’s current ways of working
- Identify significant transactions and determine impact on scope, pricing and developing plan to address.
- Identify significant technical issues and path to resolution including impact on scope – i.e. purchase accounting adjustment, new accounting pronouncements and etc.
b) Process design:
- Develop RACI – one overall RACI that is supplemented for separate RACI’s for countries between client, Tier One, Tier Two and Tier Three leveraging standard RACI document.
- Understand and document the client business and significant, complex or unusual accounting treatments or area for further work.
- Work with the lead of PMO team to identify stat account work flow milestones and any specific needs related to document management.
c) Technology Solutioning:
- Develop overall data collection plan – working with team to identify anomalies or area of interest to facilitate development of data collection process/requirements.
- Identify key components of technology strategy - which solutions will be used, requirements, assistance needs, training and etc.
- Update pricing to reflect finale scope and split of responsibilities.
- Facilitate the knowledge transfer session with the client for each country
- Facilitate conversation between client Tier 3 and Tier 1
- Ensure knowledge transfer is properly documented
- Facilitate any KPMG and/or company training that is required
- Support and facilitate Tier 3 transition
- Finalize rollout plan – steps of execution that include:
- The general RACI (including bifurcation between client, tier one, tier two and tier three)
- Updated pricing/scoping
- Data collection plan
- Document management structure
- Stats account work flow milestones
- Proof of local country knowledge transfer
- Continue to be the first point of contact to the client, tier 3 and MF in case of statutory questions
- Be part of the weekly/bi-weekly call with the client on delivery, leading the statutory accounting scope.
- Owning the engagement for the Statutory Accounting accounts.
- Attending governance meetings, serving as 1 layer escalation point to resolve issues, and updating the client weekly/monthly on the status of an engagement
- Monitoring for scope accuracy.
- Identify pull through advisory and opportunities and communicating them to the global KPMG network.
- Understand the client pain points and provide solutions if any.
- Advise on ways of working or deadline if changes is needed.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in international statutory accounting or related field of advisory
- Experience with international accountancy/leading change management/transition is an advantage
- IFRS/ACCA/CPA certification in accountancy
- Executive presence and confidence to negotiate with clients and client partners
- Commercial mindset with strong negotiation skills
- Proven track record in problem-solving and high client satisfaction
- Outstanding communicator and presenter – both written and spoken
- Fluency in English
- Proficient user of Excel
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Lead new client onboardings
- Take ownership of team delivery
- Able to handle complex issue
- Ability to drive efficiency
Closing Date: Dec. 31, 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.