Major duties and responsibilities
Client & Customer Focus
- Updating of system documentation
- Setting up and referencing a file
- Develop industry knowledge to complement functional skills
- Compliance testing, including system walk through
- Basic Analytical Review (AR) procedures
- Get involved in audit of less financial statements captions (Including but not limited to ),
- Accounts payable (AP), fixed assets, other receivable, other payables and expense review.
- Ensure that the engagement reviews are completed within the given time frame.
- Fixed assets, excluding the assessment of capital work in progress and fixed policies when these audits are complex and more risky
- Help new recruited associates & assist in settling in.
- Accounts receivable, and may include the evaluation of the provision for doubtful debts
- The audit of the client’s statutory records, internal controls and consolidated accounts
- Attending stock counts and the follow up of the counts
- Audit administration (casting, photocopying, filing)
- Client relations, participate in client meetings when required
- Participates in the pre engagement planning, with team members and client staff when needed. Discuss client’s need/expectations, team roles, budgets and other things necessary to carry out the engagement.
- Adhere to the KPMG code of conduct and all KPMG risk management policies and procedures
- Perform effective wrap-up of engagement, clearing all review notes, assisting manager / in-charge with report issuance/concurring review process, placing files to disks/network and complying with document retention policy, binding and filing work papers in the office.
- Understand the client’s business products, performance and accounting policies.
- BSc in accounting or equivalent
- Accounting qualification or equivalent (ACCA, CPA)
- Technically sound, thorough knowledge of IFRS & ISA
Work experience requirements:
- 0-6 months post graduate experience
- Knowledge in accounting concepts
- Computer Literacy
Knowledge / Technical Skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Customer Focus
- Mentors new team members
Language Speaking Reading Writing Listening
English Fluent Fluent Fluent Fluent
Arabic Fluent Fluent Fluent Fluent
- Proactive and independent person, with ability to initiate tasks independently
- Researching skills- Identifies, documents and shares knowledge that might be useful to others
- Excellent analytical skills- Identifies ways to analyze information quickly and efficiently
- Proficient problem solver- Suggests innovative and creative solutions to problems
- Effective communicator
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.