In-house Internal Audit Manager
Our Business Services team is a collective of creative, strategic, forward-thinking business enablers. Together the People & Culture, Marketing & Communications, IT, Operations, Finance and Quality & Risk Management teams make it their mission to ensure Mazars has the right tools, technology, strategies, and services in place to deliver exceptional client service and future-proof our growing business.
As Internal Audit Manager you will be responsible for delivering proactive, high quality and insightful risk based internal audit services across all aspects of Mazars' UK business, in accordance with the Internal Audit Charter and Strategy agreed annually with the Audit and Risk Committee (ARC), a sub-committee of the Governance Council (GC).
The Internal Audit Manager will work closely with the Mazars UK Head of Internal Audit (HoIA) in reporting the outcomes of audits alongside other internal audit activities to various forums including the Executive and ARC amongst others. To ensure independence, the Internal Audit Manager will report to the UK HoIA, they in turn report to the Chair of ARC, on behalf of the GC.
As a relatively new function within Mazars' UK, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in reviewing, further developing and implementing methodologies/templates, alongside helping prepare for, and participate in an independent External Quality Assessment whilst contributing to the overall Quality objectives of the firm.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working closely with the HoIA in the preparation, development and ongoing review of the Internal Audit Strategy and Operational Plan to ensure it remains appropriate to the needs of the business.
- Operationalising and monitoring delivery of the approved Operational Plan, including timetabling and resourcing including the use of any specialist teams
- Planning and delivery of reviews in the Operational Plan to scope, budget and reporting timelines. To include liaison with executive sponsors and other auditees, preparing Terms of Reference for review/approval and briefing any team members/specialists, as well as feedback meetings with auditees. The Manager will also lead and deliver strategic/complex audits were appropriate
- Preparation, review and presentation of not only internal audit reports in respect of the Operational Plan but progress and other reports to forums including the Executive and ARC.
- Ensuring the independent follow up, assessment and reporting of the implementation of agreed recommendations.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with the ARC, executive/sponsors and auditees, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly
- Managing direct reports and fulfilling the requirements of this role including induction, onboarding, goal setting, performance reviews, development, and training.
- Assess and produce high quality work in line with the Firm's policy and processes, meeting relevant professional and any regulatory requirements.
- Managing specialists (such as in Technology & Digital) to ensure work in the Operational Plan is planned appropriately, delivered to scope, internal audit standards, budget and to reporting timelines.
- Maintaining control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with.
- Providing advice and support/acting as a sounding board on internal audit matters to the wider business as appropriate.
- Ensuring Internal Audit work is compliant with the Internal Audit Manual, professional and regulatory standards including methodologies/ templates ongoing as well as management of the Internal Audit quality assurance improvement programme.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Holds either ACA, CA, ACCA, IIA or CII (or equivalent) qualification.
- Experience of planning and delivering internal audit services in accordance with professional internal audit standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and client handling skills.
- High attention to detail
- Experience of managing, training, and coaching a team
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control.
- Experienced in developing new initiatives and methodologies.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.