Global Treasury and Finance - Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
We are looking for audit professional who understand risk and control and manage the entire Audit execution life cycle. The ideal candidate should possess experience in the Banking, Financial Services, Mutual Funds, Institutional Investment, Private Wealth Management, Custody, Treasury, Global Securities Services, Foreign Exchange, Securities Lending, Investment Manager Solutions, Trading, Derivatives and Compliance industry.
Why this role is important to us
- The Audit Manager oversees audits and control consulting engagements using a risk based audit methodology of State Street Corporate Audit that evaluates management and operating practices.
- The Audit Manager oversees audit planning, field work and reporting phases of the audit along with the Audit Team. Further, the role will also require the Audit Manager to prepare reports, communicating findings and recommendations to line and senior management.
- The Audit Manager is also expected to play a major role in the Issue and Action Plan closure and management process and support the Audit Senior Manager
What you will be responsible for
- The Audit Manager will be responsible for the daily supervision of audit staff and responsible for the development of audit staff and the completion of performance evaluations.
- The Audit Manager ensures that reviews are completed in compliance with the State Street Corporate Audit Methodology and Institute of Internal Auditor standards.
- The candidate must be capable of presenting results to senior management.
- The candidate will participate in various special projects.
- Facilitate effective communication and coordination with key stakeholders at all levels and must have excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Develop a thorough understanding and knowledge base of the company’s operations, establish effective business relationships within the company and assist in the understanding and adaptation of internal control principles.
- Maintain a current knowledge of audit industry practices and ensure best practices are always considered.
- The Audit Manager must be able to view control issues and concerns from the perspective of both the Audit Committee and Senior Management.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- The candidate requires good analytical, interpersonal, time management, research and communications skills.
- He / She must be able to multi task and effectively work with new and changing situations, including new industry regulations, where there may not always be a readily apparent solution.
- Display a high degree of professionalism and leadership and possess proficient organizational, analytical and project management skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of financial and operational internal control methodologies and terminologies, process and control industry standards; risk management practices and techniques; and internal audit process, technology and tools for planning, design, performance, testing and reporting.
- Demonstrates the ability to positively influence others while thriving in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Work independently and as part of a team
Work Location: Bengaluru
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 12 plus years of audit experience in either Public Accounting or Internal Audit.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Audit experience in either Public Accounting or Internal Audit.
- Professional audit certifications preferred, CPA, CIA is a plus.
- Banking, Financial Services, Mutual Funds, Institutional Investment, Private Wealth Management, Custody, Treasury, Global Securities Services, Foreign Exchange, Securities Lending, Investment Manager Solutions, Trading, Derivatives and Compliance industry experience.
- Demonstrated technical abilities in select areas, audit, accounting, regulatory, compliance, etc.
- This role will travel up to 25-50 %
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.