Assurance, Assistant - Financial Accounting Advisory Services (Fin Svcs), Singapore (2022 Grads)
What if we didn’t focus on who you are now, but who you could become?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Join Financial Accounting Advisory Services (Financial Services) within Assurance and you’ll assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business.You’ll be part of a team that provides insight and services that leverage analytics, automation, and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function.
The Financial Instruments Valuation team supports Assurance teams in Singapore with independent valuation assessment and quantitative analysis on various financial instruments. We leverage on sophisticated financial engineering techniques to assist clients in understanding and valuing vanilla derivatives and other complex securities, for financial reporting, risk management and regulatory compliance purposes.
The services we provided within EY cover a broad spectrum of responsibilities faced with respect to financial instruments valuations for internal and external clients in various asset classes (e.g. FX, Fixed Income, Equity, Commodity, Interest Rate, Credit, etc) and industry sectors (e.g. banking, private equity, hedge funds, transportations, commodity, utilities, oil & gas, REITS, internet-based firms, etc).
The Assistant will:
- Work together within a team for multiple client projects in daily independent valuation for diverse type of financial instruments
- Assist in developing valuation models to assess a variety of financial instruments adopting option pricing theory, fixed income and structured finance models, Monte Carlo simulation, statistical analysis, and other quantitative analysis
- Provide assistance in review of fair valuation approach, methodology, and assumptions adopted by private equity and venture capitalist clients
- Challenge yourself to continually learn and teach, mentoring others while developing your own career through various exposures in client projects
- Take ownership of your projects, while collaboratively working with other team members
- Maintain and develop positive, productive, and professional relationships with clients
The successful candidate must be able to display several achievements below:
- Within 6 months of joining, the candidate should
- Understand the mechanics and valuation methodology behind various derivatives financial instruments and perform valuation for such financial instruments
- Explain the valuation differences between clients and independent valuation through analyzing how various parameters drive the valuation output
- Perform credit risk assessment, focusing on quantitative analysis based on financial standing, for both listed and non-listed companies
- Understand the Hedge Accounting concept under Singapore Financial Reporting Standard (SFRS) framework and able to perform quantitative approach for the purpose of hedge effectiveness assessment
- Gain basic understanding on programming languages, typically VBA and Scilab, and apply it for Binomial Tree Model, Monte Carlo Simulation and other interest rate models implementation
- Work independently with minimum supervision and take ownership on the projects assigned
- Within 1 year of joining, the candidate should
- Confidently manage client and resolve issues typically encountered by client with regards to financial instruments valuation
- Understand the valuation approach behind various financial instruments in private equity and venture capitalist business, and perform valuation for such financial instruments
- Understand and able to implement the Expected Credit Loss (ECL) methodology under Singapore Financial Reporting Standard (SFRS) framework, focusing on credit modelling methodology assessment
- Explain to general non-technical audiences on how various financial instruments work and the benefit and risk behind various types of financial instruments
- Adaptive and committed in intense environment and tight deadlines in providing deliverables to stake holders
- Excellent time management and prioritize various projects allocated
- Able to work together within the team and actively provide guidance to junior staffs in order to deliver high quality work products
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- Pursuing university degree related to quantitative finance, financial engineering, finance, statistics, mathematical finance, engineering or equivalent.
- Experience and/or demonstrated passion in financial instruments valuation surrounding venture capitalist and private equity industries and programming skill and demonstrated aptitude in quantitative analysis. This passion could be demonstrated via university projects, internships, conferences, self-study, etc.
- Proficiency in at least one the financial engineering package, namely Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Numerix, Microsoft Excel VBA.
- Knowledge of derivatives products, financial instruments and valuation modelling and credit risk modelling with interest in data analysis/visualization platform (e.g. Matlab, Spotfire, Alteryx, R, SQL).
- Ability to work with complex and detailed information.
- Experience and/or demonstrated ability in time management and adaptability to change under pressure to build effective relationships at all levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and relationship building.
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
- Candidates may expect a phone screening.
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed Resume
- Copy of Highest Academic Certification and Transcripts
To learn more about our service offerings, visit What you can do here or subscribe to EY Global YouTube Channel. To learn more about careers in EYSG, please visit Careers at EY or like us on Facebook EY Careers Singapore.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.