SCS Purchase To Pay Analyst (Permanent)
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big!
Apple has been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5000 employees, serving our customers through a wide range of critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success.
Collaboration is important at Apple, and every day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world! As an individual, you will have responsibility for working to our continued success and be a key player within your job function.
We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones.
The role joins the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfillment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music, Apple Retail as well as part of the Global Business Solutions (GBS) function.
This is a key role in a dynamic environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements. This role is within our SCS (Supply Chain Support) team that supports global commodity/finished goods procurement and accounting. We are a team of 33 people within GBS who support a mix of P2P, AR and reporting functions for this business area, with daily interaction with our global colleagues.
- Relevant professional qualification
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, both verbal and written with an ability to flex your style depending on audience.
- It is important to demonstrate ownership in your role.
- You need to problem solve & effectively manage your workload.
- Be able to manage multiple deliverables with competing priorities
- Be able to work on your own initiative
- Proven ability to build effective business partnerships
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Proficient with SAP
Responsibilities include but not limited to:-
- Part of the wider SCS P2P team, managing vendors to ensure timely invoice payment, accounts review to ensure minimal ageing, no ongoing issues and detailed follow up with invoices processed accurately and on time.
- Daily reviews across a range of issues such as complex price adjustments, audit queries, supplier queries, statement reconciliations & RMA processing.
- Complete financial close reconciliations, quarter close tasks and provide input to metrics through strong analysis of underlying data. Input to Apple’s internal controls and Sox programme as necessary.
- Input to P2P projects which may include project requirements documentation, user acceptance testing or other work to ensure successful project implementation.
- Support for vendor early payments programme and related inventory carrying costs control, analysis and reporting to our world wide operations finance partners.
- Constant focus on being curious, questioning work processes and working collectively to find efficiencies, process redundancies or new data points/insights.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask and adapt to changes in priorities at any given time.
- Be a member of the wider GBS team with global interactions with suppliers and our supply chain customers.
Education & Experience
- Relevant degree is an advantage
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.