Sustainability Reporting Specialist - Financial Services Advisory
We are Grant Thornton. We go beyond business as usual, so you can too.
Grant Thornton Ireland (GT) has over 2,500 people in 10 offices across Ireland, The Isle of Man, Gibraltar, and Bermuda, with a presence in over 130 countries around the world, and a global network of over 62,000 people
At GT, we work as trusted advisors, bringing local knowledge and national expertise, with a global presence, to help businesses succeed – wherever they are located. We make business more personal by investing in building relationships and empowering our clients to make the right decisions for their organisation now and for the future. Whether that is working with the public sector to build thriving communities, with regulators and financial institutions to build trust, or with a diverse range of businesses to help them achieve their goals, Grant Thornton Ireland work hard to support clients to act on the issues that matter.
At GT Ireland we don’t just predict your future, we build it.
A Career at GT
Looking for a more fulfilling role in professional services? One where fresh thinking, collaboration and diversity are valued? At Grant Thornton we do things differently.
What does this mean for you?
A career in a more inclusive working environment, a more collaborative work culture, a more supported, flexible working role, more possibilities to grow and more opportunities to help shape the future for your clients. We respect and value your experience. And we want you to bring your authentic self to work and be at your best. It is how it should be.
Grow with us
At Grant Thornton, we care about our people and work hard to make you feel valued. If you are looking to deepen and develop your skills, knowledge, and experience throughout your career, then that is what you will get, and more.
Financial Services Advisory
Grant Thornton is Ireland’s fastest growing financial services firm delivering innovative solutions to clients across the country. Our Financial Services Advisory (FSA) Division brings industry specific expertise to support our clients in navigating Regulatory, Strategic, Digital and Change management challenges. At Grant Thornton our focus is on people; both building deep client relationships and investing in our staff to help them to realise their potential and achieve their ambitions.
In 2020, Grant Thornton Ireland took a strategic decision to establish a sustainability practice within Financial Service Advisory. Recognising sustainability is a multidisciplinary field, we set about building a diverse team that would blend the best scientific and industrial experience with our existing advisory expertise. Through targeted hires, and internal transfers, we are proud to have grown a partner lead, dedicated, passionate, and practical team of all the talents which work together with our other services lines to delivery pragmatic actionable solutions to our clients.
We are currently looking for experienced candidates (3 to 10 years) with a background in sustainability reporting to join our Sustainability team within FSA. We are seeking qualified individuals with a wide range of skills, to work as part of a dynamic, diverse team and deliver on sustainability reporting and other sustainability projects.
As a member of the sustainability team you be involved in supporting the development of our Sustainability Reporting and other wider Sustainability Service offerings. You will also work with our clients on projects to help them understand the scope, reporting and disclosure requirements required within their sustainability statements as part of their annual reporting process to meet new regulatory and best practice requirements (CSRD, Taxonomy, GRI, ISSB and other global reporting frameworks).
Successful candidates will be self-motivated, capable of working off their own initiative and have the ability to collaborate with colleagues in a dynamic team environment to assist with the delivery of project milestones. Candidates should have at least 3 years’ and up to 10 years’ experience within a finance or sustainability reporting function with previous exposure to sustainability reporting and / or materiality assessments a distinct advantage.
The position attracts a competitive remuneration package and represents an excellent opportunity to build a long term and successful career supported by ongoing development and training.
- Understanding of key concepts across Environmental, Social and Governance lenses (sector or cross sector level) and approach to materiality assessments for organisations (both financial and impact)
- Experience in financial reporting and / or sustainability report writing and knowledge of existing sustainability reporting frameworks and requirements (GRI, SASB for example)
- Experience in development of sustainability strategies and incorporation into business models, risk and control frameworks and management KPIs / reporting an advantage
- Presentation skills and ability to delivery of high-level briefings internally and externally across sustainability and reporting topics
- Ability to quickly produce written insights and executive summaries
- Research (quantitative and qualitative) including industry/sectoral reviews and analysis
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of client and work stream operations, processes, and business objectives and utilise this knowledge on assignments/projects;
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and an ability to work to strict internal deadlines;
- Solve problems, through the application of fact based analysis and provide recommendations;
Skills and attributes:
- Financial / Report Writing: Ability to interpret regulatory and best practice reporting requirements and translate into sustainability statements, quantitative and narrative disclosures.
- Analytical / Accounting skills: Focused approach to the review, assessment and interpretation of data streams / financial and non-financial information and gap analysis
- MS Office Skills: Strong proficiency in excel and data analysis skills and other MS Office (Word formatting and report writing / Power-Point for structuring, developing and editing presentations)
- Communication: Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Structured Thinking: Ability to break problems into their constituent parts and develop solutions in a coherent and structured manner
- Teamwork: Ability to work as part of a team on multiple work streams concurrently
- Attitude: Good work ethic, proactive attitude to issue resolution, delivering excellence, managing deadlines and being comfortable working as part of a team
- Business Acumen: Genuine passion for work and hunger to learn and grow, including interest and understanding of Sustainability and the Financial Services environment
Qualifications and Experience:
- Part qualified / qualified ACCA, ACA or equivalent an advantage with financial and / or sustainability reporting or audit experience
- Third level degree, with a strong academic record (requirement)
- 3-10 years’ experience in financial reporting with some experience / exposure to sustainability reporting
- Experience in supporting the successful delivery of projects
- Comfortable working in a demanding environment and delivering results
Life at GT
Reward and benefits:
Our reward and benefits are designed to create an environment where our people can flourish. We are committed to building a culture where our people have access to the necessary benefits to help promote a healthy lifestyle and thrive.
Inclusion and diversity:
Included and valued for your difference is how everyone should feel at work. Not just because it is right, but because we are all at our best when we are able to be ourselves. So, when you join Grant Thornton, we will work hard to ensure that is how you feel. We want you for who you are. We are excited to see the personality and perspectives you will bring to our team because we know we will all benefit from them.
Diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision-making, improves the quality of our delivery, and helps us to meet the needs of our clients. Our firm is built on people and their ideas, so we want to hear all the new perspectives and fresh thinking you have to offer.
We want to create a culture of recognition and celebrating success, by saying thank you to people who surpass our expectations and recognising the right values and behaviours. Our Shout Out recognition scheme is our way of highlighting and promoting achievements. Whether you simply want to say thank you, celebrate a special occasion or give an award for doing something exceptional, you can do all of this and more through the scheme.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.