Regional Audit Coordinator
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, RSM delivers big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive. We are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions – we have a clear goal to become the premium adviser to the middle market, globally. This vision touches everything we do, motivating and inspiring us to become better every day. If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you.
Overall job purpose
To be responsible for support the resourcing needs of the Regional Audit department, including but not limited to the following areas:
- Acting as Exam Training Manager (ETM) for the regional audit team
- Responsible for staff planning and Retain management for the regional audit team
- Booking and coordinating attendance at internal training courses for regional audit staff
- Administrative support
- Supporting trainees through the duration of their training contract, making sure course/exam bookings are made, and that they feel fully supported ahead of their exams
- Oversee the Exam Support Group
- Updating RAMP, Line Managers and HR as to trainees’ progress with their studies and managing any issues as they arise
- Liaise regularly with external training providers (currently BPP and Kaplan) to get updates on students’ progress and performance
- Assist Audit Group Managers (“AGM”) to produce a business case for continuing trainee contracts if required prior to submission to the Regional Audit Managing Partner (“RAMP”) and Human Resources (“HR”)
- Set up and run regular National ETM Meetings along with Helen Bloodworth in order to get consistency Nationally
- Provide newly appointed ETM's with training and guidance as required
- Train Assistant Regional Audit Coordinator as ETM Assistant and review ongoing work complete
- Other ETM-related activities as required
Staff planning and Retain management
- Along with Regional Audit Coordinator Assistant solely have Audit Retain Editor rights and, be the first point of contact for all regional staffing issues and amend Retain accordingly. This can sometimes involve making decisions needed a quick turn around and having difficult conversations with managers
- Meet with HR and the AGM’s on a fortnightly basis to discuss any staffing issues
- Keeping the RAMP regularly up to date on important and significant staffing matters
- Approval/decline all holiday and TOIL requests for the region
- Make sure annual leave and TOIL balances are booked onto retain at various points throughout the calendar year and in line with any National deadlines
- Take overall responsibility for the bi-annual roll-forward exercises across the region and make sure completed by the National deadline
- Attendance at AGM meetings and additional staffing meetings regionally as required
- Observing and challenging Retain bookings, comparing to budget, monitoring allocations
- Liaison with managers / RI’s / editors outside of the region as needed
- Provide input and oversight on staffing issues locally and regionally, using experience from feedback from other individuals / amendments to Retain bookings
Internal Training Courses
- Help to organise ad hoc internal training courses as and when required
- Liaises with the AQC’s to make sure Regional Audit Team are booked on all the mandatory training courses required.
Regional Administrative support
- Book and set up non-mandatory training and team meetings
- Act as NW liaison for RAMP (via his PA) regarding local office meetings.
- Attend all Manager Meetings for each office, take minutes and do relevant action points
- Attend Moderation Meetings for each office
- Other adhoc duties as agreed with NW audit manager and RI team
Other Audit Support
- Attend Interviews for Part Qualified candidates to discuss study and exam pathways
- Integrate new joiners into the Audit Department ahead of joining in the form of running social events and calls with the teams
Personal and Professional Qualities
- Can work in a high paced commercial environment
- Confident in communicating with senior level stakeholders and can demonstrate experience in historical roles
- Effective time management skills and can meet set deadlines
- High attention to detail when processing information
- Team player and flexible in supporting other team members in their workloads
- Supervising others and can demonstrate raising morale in team situations
- Experience of Retain as a resourcing platform (training will be given if no experience).
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, we want to create a strong sense of belonging so that people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures feel they can bring their true self to work. Our clients come from all walks of life. We aim to achieve that same diversity of background, experience and perspective in our own teams, so that we can genuinely understand our client’s needs. Diverse teams bring a broader range of ideas and insights to work. That’s why we’re working together to ensure our firm’s principles and processes support a firm culture that embraces difference and strengthens inclusion.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.