Technical Audit Director
Technical Audit Director
About the role
Are you an Audit Director who thrives on the technical elements of Audit?
We have a unique opportunity for someone to work closely with our Audit leadership team covering both corporate and public sector Audit to maintain and develop our firm wide high-quality technical audit procedures.
You will use your strong technical knowledge to help guide and coach our expanding team of auditors and will play a key role within our Bristol Audit Leadership Team.
This role will enable you to take full advantage of the hybrid working that we offer to all of our people. Whether you’re working from the office, from home or from a client site, we support our people to achieve the right balance of flexibility in line with delivering excellent client service.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the partners in the Audit Leadership team in continuing to develop our audit quality
- Assisting in the ongoing refining and developing of structured training for both trainees, seniors and upwards across the whole firm
- Coordinating and contributing to the audit technical team’s responses to technical queries, researching matters and consulting as required
- Maintaining a high level of technical knowledge, and identifying emerging issues which need to be communicated to the team
- Assisting with the ongoing review and development of our audit methodology, to ensure it remains efficient, effective and deals with the ongoing emerging challenges of our clients
- Coordinating and assisting in delivering our internal quality control procedures, including our regular cold review program
- Working directly with the audit partner group to assist with audit Engagement Quality Reviews and Consultations
- Working in partnership with the Audit Leadership Team to develop and implement the ambitious strategic growth vision for our varied and growing audit practise.
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- ACA/ACCA Qualification (or equivalent)
- A proven track record of understanding and advising on technical audit issues
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that will allow you to pass on your excellent technical knowledge to our audit teams in a timely and engaging manner
- Able to access transport and have a full driving license.
Why Bishop Fleming?!
At Bishop Fleming, we take pride in putting our people first. We are a Great Place to Work® certified and offer an outstanding work environment, strong office culture and extensive perks (listed below). We’re also a rapidly growing Top 30 Accountancy firm and have just been ranked fifth in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Rankings. We’re proud to be the highest ranked firm in the South West. This comes on the back of nearly 20% growth last year, several award wins, and record-breaking recruitment taking our headcount to 40 partners and close to 500 people.
We are a firm that thinks clients, people and communities. As a member of Business in the Community (BITC) we are focussed on improving our responsible business practices and collectively making positive impacts for the benefit of society.
If that’s not enough, we offer a fantastic range of benefits including:
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays plus Christmas off!
- Hybrid working
- A contributory Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Simply Health cashback plan including access to 24/7 online GP service and counselling services
- Perkbox discounts and rewards platform with over 4,00 perks and discounts
- Yulife employee wellbeing app
- Social events with active social committees that plan internal and external events
- Numerous opportunities for development
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.