The role holder will be responsible for supporting the team by setting, communicating and delivering demographic assumptions, in particular for persistency and longevity across our range of products. The role would involve working closely with colleagues from Pricing Services, Modelling, Reporting and Proposition teams as well as helping with the management of the more senior stakeholders across the function.
As an Actuarial Manager in this team, your focus will be on:
- reviewing analysis of data and adding insight into what might be driving underlying trends in the data;
- producing demographic assumptions using actuarial judgement and communicating these to stakeholders;
- supporting the development and maintenance of methodologies and forward-looking assumptions; and
- supporting and helping to develop junior colleagues in the team
To succeed in role we would expect you to be able to:
- Positively influence others by demonstrating core LBG values and behaviours;
- Manipulate, validate and analyse large complex data sets, and present summaries of the complex technical information;
- Implement and maintain robust processes so that insightful analysis is balanced with appropriate controls, minimising operational risks and delivering high quality outputs despite strict deadlines;
- Act as a source of specialist expertise, particularly in respect of demographic assumptions; and
- Establish and build relationships to develop a strong internal network so as to support the provision of quality and timely information and analysis to inform business decisions.
It's essential that you're:
- A qualified Actuary, or have gained significant actuarial experience;
- Analytically minded with great attention to detail;
- Able to communicate credibly and clearly to colleagues and senior management; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both professionally and personally to optimise your potential! As a new colleague to the team, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued. We're also passionate about diversity and equal opportunity with industry recognition across gender, ethnicity, disability, LGBTQ+ and families. And, being disability positive, reasonable adjustments can be accommodated in our Recruitment process, just let us know.
We work in hybrid ways which involves spending at least two days per week or 40% of their time at one of our office sites.
You'll also receive;
- A competitive salary.
- A discretionary bonus.
- Private medical insurance.
- Pension contributions up to a maximum of 15% of your salary.
- Share plans.
- 28 days paid holiday each year, plus Bank Holidays.
If you're excited by this role please apply as we'd love to hear from you.
Together we'll make it possible!