Analyst, Regulatory Reporting
“At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let’s discuss what this means for you”
Financial Services (FS) partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, and property.
See yourself in our team
As part of Group Finance, the Regulatory Reporting team is responsible for reporting to the Group’s regulator, APRA and other regulatory bodies (RBA & ABS) which supports the Group’s banking license.
Do work that matters
The team adds value through:
- Preparation of APRA reporting on Economic, Financial and statistical reporting for the ADI including P&L and Balance sheet; and Interest rate and Transfer pricing for various banking products
- Review of material movements in balances, interest rates and transfer pricing through client, industry, sector and banding deep dives
- Management of change and the impact on the APRA reporting arising from internal (system and product changes) and external (APRA regulation) sources
- Ensuring procedures and process documents accurately capture all APRA reporting and standard requirements
- Preparation of reports for the Reserve Bank of Australia including Retail Payment Statistics and FX Turnover
- Provision of data and information to APRA and other regulatory bodies (RBA, ABS) as and when requested including responding to various queries from the agencies monthly by sector/industry/products
- Timely and accurate reporting to APRA and other regulatory bodies on P&L and Balance sheet movements
- Responding to requests from APRA and other regulatory bodies, including informal and formal consultation on proposed regulatory changes
- Management of internal and external changes impacting reporting
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external stakeholder engagement and management: key focus including liquidity, credit risk, product, PwC
- Participation in industry and regulatory working groups
- Foster a collaborative team environment and champion productivity (and process improvement)
- Actively contribute to the Regulatory Reporting strategy, business plans & culture, aligning with Group Finance as required
We’re interested in hearing from people who have:
- Strong understanding of banking and financial products
- Strong understanding of the P&L and Balance sheet for a bank
- SQL or SAS experience in a financial institution preferred
- Intermediate – Advanced in Excel
- Strong numeracy and PC skills
- CA/CPA/ACCA Qualified Financial Services industry experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail
Is this your next challenge, apply Now!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 01/07/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.