Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner in charge of liaising with budget managers across the university to guarantee good financial resource management in order to achieve financial success and long-term viability.
Our client is home to approximately 20,000 students from 125 different countries. They are proud of their international student and staff community and are dedicated to making the University a welcoming and supportive environment for all. They offer an extensive range of courses in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts.
- Produce frequent financial management information, tracking results versus plans, revising predictions, and dealing with any special or general difficulties that arise.
- Assist departments and colleges in producing quarterly predictions. Provide inspection and challenge to ensure forecasts are solid and attainable.
- Support the annual budget-setting cycle actively and manage processes to ensure that all budget reviews and costings are completed on time and in accordance with the agreed-upon strategy.
- Collaborate with budget holders to help them manage their budgets properly, giving training and other assistance as needed.
- Ascertain that reports are in place to support the budget management structure.
- To fulfil the needs of the University governance structure, assist in the construction and maintenance of the university-wide management accounting framework.
- Create effective reports for pay and non-pay expenditures that allow budget managers across the university to monitor and limit spending.
- Maintain and create comprehensive and accurate data sets for activity costing and other data returns as needed.
- Assist in the compilation of the university's statutory accounts and ensure that year-end processes and schedules are completed.
- Fully ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA qualified or equivalent.
- Experience working in a fast-paced financial environment, meeting critical objectives, and presenting detailed findings on time.
- Contributes to the advancement of professional practice/research/scholarly activity in one's own field of specialisation.
- Experience working with big data sets; sophisticated ability to produce and develop financial reports in Excel.
- £45,000 - £55,000 depending on experience.
- 34 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- 50% office based.