Asset Services Specialist (Corporate Actions), Officer. Fixed Term Contract
Who we are looking for
To retrieve, collate and verify full details of corporate events. To accurately reflect such events on internal records and ensure Fund Managers and our client’s decisions are relayed to custodian teams for voluntary events within required deadlines.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Asset Services Specialist (Corporate Actions), Officer you will
- To identify, collate and verify full details of all corporate events and scrip dividends affecting securities held on State Street client portfolios, through the review of information retrieved from custodians, data providers and press announcements.
- To fully reconcile parent security holdings positions as at Ex Date.
- To reflect details of corporate events and allocation of confirmed entitlements on in-house system (Quasar).
- To diarise all future actions and required decisions, ensuring these are acted on when appropriate.
- To ensure corporate actions decisions are received from the appropriate Fund Managers and issued to the appropriate custodians within specified deadlines.
- To arrange for the protection and delivery of entitlements where the parent security has not been received or delivered in full by the custodian as at event record date.
- To ensure all expected cash and stock entitlements are received in full within expected timescales or escalated to the Supervisor as appropriate.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Technical investment knowledge/experience relevant to role.
- Experience of challenging working practices and adaptability to change.
- Collaborative and personalised approach to service commitment, delivery and continuous improvement.
- Evidence of effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- A proven track record of being flexible, adaptable and able to multi-task in a fast paced and changeable environment.
- Ability to understand issues and assist with finding innovative solutions to problems.
- Robust communication skills both verbally and written, with an ability to successfully articulate issues clearly and logically.
- Strong analytical and written skills.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.