Tax (Global Mobility Tax), Associate
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunities: your next adventure awaits
As part of our People Advisory Services - Global Mobility Tax team, you will help our clients manage their business issues relating to their global workforce by providing tax, immigration and global mobility HR policy compliances and advisory services to their international assignees.
You will focus on helping our clients meet their complex tax obligations associated with their global mobility programmes. Under the guidance of partners, managers and senior associates, you will work with your engagement teams to deliver high quality tax advisory and compliance services encompassing a variety of global mobility issues including compensation and benefits, tax, social security and even immigration. Our advisory services include tax technical analysis of global mobility arrangements, reviews of compensation and benefits and development of global mobility policies whilst our compliance services focus on the preparation of tax returns and other statutory reporting obligations.
Your key responsibilities
- You’ll make technical contributions to individual tax compliance engagements.
- You’ll prepare personal income tax returns for clients from diverse and specialised industries.
- You’ll help in identifying tax savings and risk reducing opportunities for consideration and implementation
- You’ll prepare estimated tax liabilities to assist clients in meeting its tax payment obligations.
- You’ll communicate effectively with all stakeholders involved in the process for each engagement while ensuring the coordination of application submissions to the authorities are managed smoothly.
- You’ll assist the Senior Associate(s) / Manager(s) in managing engagements by participating in business development initiatives, building and maintaining good relationship with clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- A team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally
- Strong leadership qualities and a good record of extra-curricular activities
- Contribute to an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- At least an average distinction/ 2nd upper degree in accounting, commerce, human resource, business administration, legal or other business-related fields
- Currently in your final year or a fresh graduate
- Individuals with post-graduate degrees and/or professional qualifications are encouraged to apply
- Ideally, you’ll also have past relevant trainee/internship experiences
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
- Shortlisted candidates can expect to complete an online assessment and a self-recorded video interview.
- Attach your CV, cover letter and academic transcripts when submitting your application.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.