Are you a Senior Accountant looking for a new challenge? Are you looking for a Practice which has been voted one of the best places to work in the UK, with a strong focus on learning and development so you can reach your true potential?
If you’re still reading this, then the answer to that question is probably yes. At DJH Mitten Clarke, we are a group of fantastically talented and ambitious people that pride ourselves on having fun, working together as a team, delivering a great service and always approaching things a little differently.
What do you get out of this?
Our people are our biggest asset. We’ve built a team that we’re extremely proud of. Our team work incredibly hard, so that’s why looking after them is our number one priority. Ultimately, we want to create the very best place to work, and we’re proudly rated as the 2nd Best Accountancy Practice to work for in the UK with Best Companies. Here’s a few reasons to come and join us, but you’ll find loads more once you get your feet under the table:
- Great salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Flexible-working hours
- Training & personal development
- Access to Spectrum.Life, our Mental Health & Wellbeing Support Solution
- Health MOTs
- Community and environmental work
- Loads of social shindigs
- A pretty impressive office
Let’s talk about the Senior Accountant role
Now you’ve heard about the fantastic benefits, we better tell you a bit about what you’ll be up to.
After a proper induction to the business, a personal development plan will be drawn up for you. It will outline each of the steps you’ll need to take to realise your ambitions and goals as a Senior Accountant. Life will be fast paced, engaging, creative and rewarding.
Your typical day will involve:
- Becoming a tech whizz, that’s confident in supporting select clients and offering tips and advice on how to streamline accounting processes by fully utilising the technology
- Building long-lasting relationships with clients and wowing them daily
- Preparing year-end financial statements for a wide range of clients
- Calculating corporation and personal tax liabilities, whilst coming up with tax planning ideas
Let's talk about you
We have big plans for the future and even bigger goals. But what about you? You’re hungry for a new challenge? You’re keen to work client-side for a forward-thinking brand? You may already be considering applying for our Senior Accountant role? But what gets you going?
- You’ll have at least three years’ experience working within an accountancy firm
- You’ll be ACCA or ACA qualified
- You’ll love getting to know people and cultivating long-lasting relationships
- You’ll be motivated to deliver extraordinary service and will embrace our “Proven Process”
- You’ll be tech-savvy, with knowledge of Xero (or similar) and Excel You’ll have a proactive attitude, whether a task is complicated or simple, big or small
- You’ll thrive working to achieve great things alongside the rest of the team
- You’re motivated by a fast paced and bustling environment
- You’ll look at things differently than other people and will enjoy finding alternative solutions
- You’re excited to immerse yourself in our lively brand, culture and business
Before you go, let’s talk a little about us
DJH Mitten Clarke is an award-winning, chartered accountancy firm with offices in Stoke-on-Trent, Manchester City Centre, Chester and Walsall. With years’ of experience we’ve always done things a little differently, we don’t just work for businesses – we work with them to achieve great things together. As a company, we’ve grown to a multidisciplinary team of 275, who offer our clients a full service including; accounts and audit, tax and employment, business transactions, accounting in the cloud, capital allowances, commercial and residential finance, and wealth management.
Our core values run through everything that we do. They set the tone and our team live and breathe them. We’re looking for people who value the same things as us:
- Teamwork – we achieve great things together. We are a team, and we encourage and support each other
- Passion – we care – about our clients, our work, and above all, each other
- Ambition – we recognise potential. We will be the very best employer, inspiring our people to flourish and grow
- Community – we give back. We support our local communities, playing our part as a responsible business for a sustainable world
- Honesty – we do the right thing. We create an environment which is built on trust, transparency and respect