Assistant Accountant (hybrid working)
- A very varied position in a stable and supportive finance team of c. 14.
- Our client offers fabulous benefits and lots of home working.
Our client is a c. £27 million turnover Group of businesses. The Group is growing further by acquiring new businesses, which will see its turnover increase to c. £30 million this year. The finance team of c. 14 is extremely stable and there is little staff turnover, as it really is a great place to work.
The Assistant Accountant position has arisen because the current Assistant Accountant has been promoted into a newly created role. Your role will be very varied, as you will be supporting the Acquisitions Accountant and the Financial Accountant with producing various sets of accounts. Your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Process and reconcile all cash
- Month end bank reconciliations
- Support the purchase ledger function during staff holidays
- Maintain monthly accruals and prepayment journals and postings
- Assist with the production of the income and reporting figures
- Maintain the commission calculations
- Maintain balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with cash flow forecasting
- Assist with preparation of monthly and annual financial statements and liaison with management and external auditors
- Liaise with colleagues, suppliers and the banks where necessary
To apply for this position, you must:
- Have varied experience of working in finance
- Have some experience of the above duties
- Be competent with double entry bookkeeping
Our client is offering:
- A salary between £24,000 and £26,000 (but there might be the potential to increase the salary up to £28,000 for a standout candidate)
- The ability to work predominantly from home (c. 4 days PW), unless you would like to go into the office
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- A 37.5 hour working week and flexible working hours e.g. some do 9-5 with 30 minutes for lunch, but you can choose your hours
- Discounted city centre car parking
- An additional 5% of your annual salary (c. £1,300) that can be used for benefits, which includes insurance policies, dental plan etc...
- The ability to apply for study support for AAT, CIMA or ACCA
- Retail discounts
- Quarterly incentive vouchers based upon company performance, which are c. £200 per quarter