Audit Manager - Leading Accountancy Firm
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Audit professional to join and develop the Audit team at a leading Accountancy Firm, based in Orpington, that is small enough for you to make a difference, but large enough to support your career growth.
Our client is a leading firm of Accountants and Business Advisors that has seen dramatic growth in recent years.
They prioritise your career development and you will be encouraged to share knowledge, ask for help and empower your colleagues. Every team member's contribution is valued and there is a culture of trust and inclusion.
Reporting directly to the Partner and working with other Audit teams across the country you will be:
- Managing a portfolio of clients across a mixture of industries (a large portion of oil & gas work)
- Planning audit work, looking at the pipeline and deciding how best to deliver for the client
- A key part of developing a dedicated Audit offering within the Orpington office - this is a newly created role and while the Firm has staff who work across Audit and Accounts, this role is a key appointment in the establishment of a dedicated Audit team. It is very much an area of growth.
- Liaise effectively with the client to arrange time frames and schedule.
- Monitor progression of tasks and keep the client and partner informed of developments.
- Perform detailed reviews of the teams work to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare and attend finalisation meeting with partners and clients.
- Ensure good relationships with both internal and external clients, to ensure retention and development of new business opportunities.
- Manage the expectations of directors and partners.
- Highlight any project delivery issues to partners, and be able to suggest a suitable solution to rectify.
- Handle complex client problems.
- Ensure team compliance with all practice management activities.
- Work with partners closely to identify new business opportunities from existing and new clients.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure seamless delivery of all rounded projects.
- Develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge via courses, and to continue with the professional bodies' CPD requirements.
- Delegate tasks appropriately to the team with clear instructions.
- Monitor workload of the team.
- Manage the preparation and presentation of projects.
- Prepare and attend for new client pitches, business meetings and assist with new client proposals, alongside partners and relevant team members.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
If you would like to find out more information about this, or any similar positions, please call Joseph Potter on 07773478653.