Purchase-to-Pay (Senior Specialist-Expert)
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
- Lead/Support P2P projects, process and operational excellence initiatives, ensure projects deliverables and effective communication
- Lead P2P Community and support the monitoring Global P2P KPIs
- Align with global & regional functional experts on P2P requirements & processes
- Ensure compliance to standard processes and P2P guidelines, maintain appropriate internal control system for P2P policies and local compliance requirements
- Support the integration of global or regional standard processes into the country
- Take business partnering role to support business requirements, assist to ensure that service timelines, quality, effectiveness, and efficiency are met and continuously improved in service delivery
- Coordinate and ensure timely update and implementation of policies, procedures and guidelines “Purchase to Pay” (P2P) related, ensure policies, procedures, guidelines and practices meet the relevant BASF or local requirements, enhance awareness of relevant BASF policies and legal requirements and monitor compliance;
- Lead Country P2P Community and support Global P2P KPIs analysis reports & improve P2P KPIs with relevant measurements.
- As an expertise to focus on P2P end to end processes efficiency and effectiveness and support P2P processes aligned with global, regional and local process guidelines and business requirement, come up solutions to internal customers on P2P issues in process or system, give advices to team members on specific cases;
- Drive optimization of structure and processes to enable effective and efficient operations while maintaining system with adequate internal controls to mitigate risks. Implement effective functions in line with sales strategies and local market practices to support business requirements.
- Participate in global, regional and local ad-hoc projects, and take project management on internal projects.
- Work with regional and global process change management teams to manage the P2P change management topics.
- Establish communication channel with SSC KL business experts
- Identify business impacts to country and voice out local tax and other compliance requirements
- Support business experts to resolve the issues identified in system test
- Work with Global Business Release Management Team and Regional Training manager to coordinate all P2P knowledge transfer, system testing and training matters in Global Business Release
- Coordinate with other Units for cross-unit testing.
- Support internal and external audit.
- Knowledge Management:
- Document relevant processes and activities according to the procurement compliance guidelines; create & conduct trainings
- Ensure Documentation & training material are continuously updated
- Support global standardization of P2P documentation and clear documentation of Gaps & reasons
- Professional guidance / multiple reporting lines:
- Follow BASF Group guidelines
- Understand and follow local legal/tax requirements
- Provide guidance and support to the P2P operational team and BEX
- Inform all relevant stakeholders about any issues that might impact effectiveness, efficiency or compliance incl. action plan
- Frequent cooperation within BASF Group and/or Hub KL:
- GB Supplier and Reporting Community
- Procurement Hub Managers and team member
- Site Buyer/Category Management Team
- Hub KL Accounts Payables Managers & Experts
- Global FEX and BEX Community
- Hub KL PS GPS, BEX and Delivery Managers
- Degree of Supervision Required in the job:
- Works with minimal supervision
- Min. diploma/degree in Business and/or Economics/Accounting and/or Information System (IT)
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in relevant “Purchase-to-Pay” areas
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Profound knowledge of the processes in P2P services and P2P in BASF
- Deep understanding of SAP R3 & S/4 Hana including P2P and cross topic areas
- Competency in computer applications, especially MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
Languages & Methodology Skills
- Fluent in spoken / written English; additional proficiency in another regional language is beneficial
- Project Management
- Communication & Presentation skills
- Systemic quality assurance and problem solving
BASF Asia-Pacific Service Centre was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, the regional service hub has approximately 1,100 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Around 111,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio comprises six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €78.6 billion in 2021. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the U.S. Further information at www.basf.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.