Regulatory Project Manager – Associate
You will join the International Regulatory projects team within GPM to project manage the policy interpretation, requirements analysis, development, and end to end testing needs for the Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) program implementation. FRTB is the new Market Risk Capital regulation from the Basel Committee which is targeted to go live throughout 2024-25 across different jurisdictions. The key focus for this role will be project management of the Firmwide FRTB implementation and PMO oversight for international FRTB delivery.
You will partner with Firmwide Market Risk teams including Quantitative Research and Market Risk Technology as well as Product Control, Legal Entity Control and Finance and Front Office technology teams to meet the upcoming FRTB implementation dates. We are looking for a proactive, organized and client-focused PM used to working in an agile environment who want to be a part of building something new from the ground up within a diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individual who would like to expand their skills whilst working on an exciting new deliverable for the firm.
- Defining and agreeing the project governance structure including Working Groups, Project plan, RAIDs, Scorecards, senior management updates
- Ensure relationship is maintained with teams across Risk, Finance, Front office and Technology to ensure delivery of cross-divisional projects
- Ensuring that all project stakeholders are held accountable for the work and timeline agreed
- Identifying potential risks or roadblocks and keeping senior stakeholders informed
- Ensuring that issues are being tracked and prioritised for closure
- Engaging relevant teams to drive closure of issues/risks and communicate dependencies
- Providing regular updates to senior stakeholders through status updates and scorecards
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Understanding of Finance functions especially with regards to the role they play within Regulatory reporting.
- Strong project management skill set developed on projects operating within a Waterfall and Agile Project Life Cycle
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated, demonstrate initiative, innovation, and solid problem solving skills. Confidence to drive issues through to completion often working to tight deadlines.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Influencing, negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Clear, concise oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of FRTB and/or other Market Risk regulations
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.