SCS Accounts Receivable Analyst (Perm)
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your ideal job… Just be prepared to dream big! Apple has been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5000 employees, serving our customers through a wide range of critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success. Collaboration is important at Apple, and every day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world!
As an individual, you will have responsibility for working to our continued success and be a key player within your job function. We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones. The role joins the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfilment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music, Apple Retail as well as part of the Global Business Solutions (GBS) function. This is a key role in a dynamic environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements. This role is to our SCS (Supple Chain Support) team that supports global commodity procurement and accounting. We are a team of 33 people within GBS who support a mix of P2P, AR and reporting functions for this business area, with daily interaction with our global colleagues.
- You are required to have good communications skills both verbal and written.
- You are required to have excellent attention to detail.
- You need to be motivated, innovative and ambitious
- You need to be able to work on your own initiative.
- It is important to demonstrate ownership in your role.
- You need to problem solve & effectively manage your workload.
- Teamwork needs to be a priority
- You need the ability to build effective business partnerships
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Proficient with SAP
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- The successful candidate will become a member of the wider GBS team with global interactions with supply chain customers along with suppliers.
- Be responsible for managing customer risk across a profile of high value and high volume customers.
- These responsibilities include issuing statements, collecting payments and matching against invoices due, resolving customer queries as they arise.
- Develop positive relationships with customer finance counterparts to facilitate proactive account management is required to prevent balances from falling overdue.
- As delinquencies occur, you will manage the customer effectively, and call out issues in a timely and concise manner.
- You are required to provide support and mentorship to business operations teams as customer delinquencies arise that related to Apple’s supply chain and business processes.
- Validating and processing of Return Material Authorisations (RMAs) Ongoing review of process and controls to identify opportunities for improvement and efficiencies to be gained within the team.
- Ensure all activities are completed within SLA’s and full engagement and participation in ad-hod projects are required
- Prepare and analyse data, including full involvement in preparation of financial close reports.
- Support the team and manager to prepare with ad-hoc reporting as the need arises.
- Such tasks should be approached in a methodical manner and attention to detail is essential.
- It is important you are able to work in a fast-paced environment, can multitask and are adaptable to changes in priorities at any given time.
- Prepare metrics and coordinate management reviews of key quarter-end deliverables including SOX controls
Education & Experience
- Relevant education is an advantage
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.