Legal Entity Controller
Job Title: Legal Entity Controller – BNY Mellon Fund Services (Ireland) DAC
Department: Ireland Finance Controllers
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the “bank of banks” - 97% of the world’s top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we’re approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
This role is within the Ireland Controllers team and will be based in Dublin
The Team is involved in all aspects of LE reporting including statutory financial statements, internal reporting (to management, BNYM Group, the Board and its Committees). Reporting is produced in both US GAAP and IFRS. The remit of the team is oversight, analysis and communication around the legal entities assigned to them. The team is also responsible for managing the external audit process.
The Legal Entity Controller is specifically responsible for the following:
- Oversight for the assigned legal entity. This includes being the formal point of contact for the entity from a Finance perspective
- Detailed understanding of all aspects of general ledger management, including Fixed Assets, AP, AR, Accruals & Prepayments
- Management of outsourced services, ensuring these are provided to the highest standard
- Provision of financial analysis / insight on the assigned legal entities
- Communication of results and issues both verbally and in written form to management, BNYM Group, to the Board and its Committees
- Coordination with audit (internal / external) as required
- Ownership of the legal entity planning process including presentation to the Executive Committee
- Supporting the Legal Entity Office, and in particular the CEO and COO on an ad-hoc basis as required
Key responsibilities relate to the production and or review of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting in both lFRS and US GAAP.
- Ownership of the annual financial statements process for assigned entities
- Provide guidance and review for work produced by the Finance Centre of Excellence.
- Manage engagement with external Tax consultants providing them with the information required to ensure compliance with VAT and Corporate Tax filings.
- Act as a point of escalation to assist in the resolution of issues identified by the outsourced service providers.
- Monthly Reporting:
- Oversight of results for assigned legal entities over the month end close, escalate, and resolve issues.
- Review of the variance analysis produced by the Finance Centre of Excellence and crafting the message delivered to the Board and its Committees.
- Ad-hoc Reporting analysis produced for a variety of stakeholders including the board of directors, Management and BNYM Group.
- Review of material inter-company recharges, challenging to ensure the method of allocation is appropriate.
- Participation in the Annual Capital and Wind Down plans.
- Review of IFRS reconciliations for assigned legal entities
- Maintain Internal Controls over Financial Reporting documentation as required for assigned legal entities.
- Ad hoc projects as required.
Person Specification/ Qualifications:
- Qualified accountant with audit and accounts preparation experience.
- Strong analytical skills, proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI
- Financial services and or banking experience preferred
- Exposure to PeopleSoft/Oracle general ledgers desirable
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, with IFRS deemed essential; US GAAP exposure would also be desirable.
- Academic/Professional Qualifications
- Accounting qualification (ACA / CIMA / ACCA)
- Highly motivated, adaptable, flexible, and proactive
- Excellent communicator who can articulate key messages
- Ability to collaborate across Finance and the wider organisation
- Able to work in a complex global organisation
- Strong decision maker, responsible and accountable for their deliverables
- Good attention to detail
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here’s a few of our awards:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg’s Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Disability: IN – 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP’s Climate Change ‘A List’
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life’s journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.